Vortex HS-t & LR mechanics

I'm still bouncing around between the HS-T, the HS-LR, and the PST. Got a friend a PST FFP 4-16 recently and it's a very nice optic.

I just bought the 6x24x50 HS-T for my LR 7mm RM. 16 power wasn't enough for small targeting past 500 yards. At least for my eyes anyways. I have a friend who has the LR and he says the 1/2 MOA is fast and is ok for hunting. I'm pretty picky as my shooting is all on paper except of the one shot during the hunting season :D so I need to see paper and dial as close as I can. I won't regret the 1/4 MOA clicks.

I just bought the 6x24x50 HS-T for my LR 7mm RM. 16 power wasn't enough for small targeting past 500 yards. At least for my eyes anyways. I have a friend who has the LR and he says the 1/2 MOA is fast and is ok for hunting. I'm pretty picky as my shooting is all on paper except of the one shot during the hunting season :D so I need to see paper and dial as close as I can. I won't regret the 1/4 MOA clicks.

Maybe I'll go for the HS-T 6-24 then. I like the illuminated optic in the PST FFP, but I like SFP plenty. The illuminated reticle is nice, though

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.