Vortex HS vs. HS-T turrets

Vulture

Despite numerous threads discussing, I haven't found an answer to my question (although maybe my lack of experience is raising a question that most already know). Is there a functional difference when dialing on an HS vs. HS-T? Ie. Are the markings different or more user friendly on the HS-T? With the caps removed, the HS appears to be well marked (although videos show that the pull up feature may be a loose issue). The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if the HS might be more than adequate for a medium-LR setup. I know it has less adjustment (42moa vs 65moa on the HS-T), but with 20moa bases, 10moa up on the scope should get me out to 1k on both my .260 and .300RUM. Particularly, I'm thinking it might be a nice option for the .300RUM which is a lighter hunting rifle, and I would realistically only be doing a little dialing on. Looking for feedback if my logic is out of line, and any other detail or preference I might be missing.

As a side note, I emailed Vortex on the possibility of sending an HS in to them to have exposed target turrets installed, and they promptly replied that due to design differences, converting an HS to an HS-T is not an option. (I realize there are 3rd party custom turret options for the HS)

I went with the HSLR and had the .5MOA turret changed out to 1/4 MOA at Vortex this gives me an excellent LR scope I can dial out to 1000 without a rail on my 6.5 284 and the best part is I still have the BDC reticle as well for quick shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts