Vortex has great customer service

Mrvmax

A couple years ago I traded into a NIB Weatherby MK V Alaskan in 270 Weatherby from the 90's. I ended up putting a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 scope on it (I do not recall why, I probably got a good price on it). I have a few other scopes (from Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 to the VX- Hog 1-4 power to red dots).
I bought two boxes of factory ammo (mainly to get brass) and then loaded 20 rounds with Barnes TTSX bullets. The Barnes got me between 1/2 and 3/4 moa so once I had those sighted in I put it in the safe. I do not think I fired a full box through it before putting it away in the safe. It has not come out until recently.

I won a Texas white tail management hunt in November so I decided to use the Weatherby to hunt. When looking at the PST scope I realized it came with zero stop system via metal shims. I still had those so I shimmed up the elevation and came up a few shims short. I looked online to buy some and they are discontinued. I e-mailed Vortex and they sent me two packs for free along with a new Vortex ball cap (apparently I singed up for something since they stated they verified I was part of Vortex nation).

There was no charge, I was more than willing to pay. Little things like this make me want to keep buying from them. I have had good customer service from Leupold and Trijicon was ok. I had a bad experience with Burris so I avoid all their stuff.

Just wanted to share my experience.

I had a viper pst gen 1 and missed placed my shims, looked all over the internet to buy some and ran into the same thing as you with them being discontinued. Sent them an email if i could buy some and they replied very quickly asking for my address, and like your case they mailed me two packs free of charge minus the ball cap.

I could go on and on about vortex customer service from binocular caps for a pair of razor 12x50 hd inherited from my brother they gave me for free down to some cheap discontinued diamond back scope I bought years ago that crapped out on me this year where they gave me full retail value that I applied to a viper hst they sold me at a sale price. Vortex has been good to me

I also think Vortex's customer service is awesome. I have sent my Gen 1 PST back to get a new rubber grip on magnification ring. Sent in my Viper HD spotting scope in because the eye piece locked up, which I think it fell over while on my tripod and hit the concrete shop floor. All covered under the warranty. I also sent in some PMR rings in that I broke a bolt that tightens the rings to the base. I got these rings from a guy on here. I get a call from Vortex one day. They said those rings were fake Vortex rings. The guy at Vortex said he would sell a new set for half price. They sent me a new set and a t shirt.

I know some people my not agree with me for what I am about to say. Before the ring thing, I told myself I would not buy another brand of optic. After they sent me new rings and a gift, I am Vortex for life. I also just bought the Vortex Fury 5000 AB. When I looked through them for the first time after getting them, I said I should have done that a long time ago. A lot clearer than what I was used to.

Jason