Visit to gun show.

Rosebud

Hunting buddy and myself went to the Alabama gun collector exhibition in hover Alabama today. A real eye opener! We managed to get a couple of contender barrels at good price, but everything else was outrageously priced. Saw a Craig jorgson the looks like it was drug behind a truck through the mud for couple of miles they wanted $1899.99 for. It was one of the better deals. Crap rifles that were two to three hundred over what you would expect. I may be out of touch with old used guns but these people in my opinion have lost their minds. A used Taurus plain black raging hunter for $900. I can buy a new on cheaper. When you would ask if that was the best price they could do, they wouldn't budge. Anyone else experience this. Maybe my last show.

One group was selling reloading equipment and supplies. He had a couple of bricks of CCI LR primers selling for $139.99. There would be tax on top. He asked how many I wanted? I pretty sure I made him mad. Had gold medal match small rifle. $120.00 thousand. passed on those also. But people were lined up to buy from him. Powder was the only thing I saw that wasn't really expensive. Most was selling for mid $30s. But I'm good with powder.

I haven't been to a show in a long while. Stupid prices and stupid people with stupid comments. I have to deal with the latter two through the week, numerous times a day.
Last time I went, I came home feeling pretty wealthy if prices were what items sold for.

I go to the local shows just for something to do after hunting season. I pay to get in, pay to park (sometimes) and never see a single item that would get me to reach for my wallet. Loads of old crap guns & ammo. Military junk overflowing the tables. Chinese optics by the hundreds.

Years ago, I could get components, especially powder. But today the venues (and the state) have imposed such strenuous restrictions, or outright bans, that powder isn't available at them anymore.

I'll usually buy a burger and a brew, if they're available, but that's about it. But .... the shows still go on so I guess enough people are buying there to support the vendors.

Last edited:
Hunting buddy and myself went to the Alabama gun collector exhibition in hover Alabama today. A real eye opener! We managed to get a couple of contender barrels at good price, but everything else was outrageously priced. Saw a Craig jorgson the looks like it was drug behind a truck through the mud for couple of miles they wanted $1899.99 for. It was one of the better deals. Crap rifles that were two to three hundred over what you would expect. I may be out of touch with old used guns but these people in my opinion have lost their minds. A used Taurus plain black raging hunter for $900. I can buy a new on cheaper. When you would ask if that was the best price they could do, they wouldn't budge. Anyone else experience this. Maybe my last show.
I saw that several years ago, and stop going. i have in the pass gotten some fair deals or price right. I am guessing that people must think that we are stupid or something. Or maybe we are use to old day pricing.

I still go to a few shows and find some reasonable deals. Of course there are always the exorbitantly price items, but I usually find something reasonable so the gas and admission fee aren't wasted.

Same experience here. I was looking for a semi auto 22 pistol and they wanted more for a really used one compared to new. So I took a ride the following weekend and bought a new one for $100 less.
I did find some ballistic tips but they were charging retail price for something that wasn't new. (older style box) I bought 3 since nosler hasn't made any.

My neighbor goes to that. His wife was originally from Alabama. Last year he went & bought a couple rifles at fair prices, he thinks. lol Which may be in another ten years. I can not afford those prices. So I refrain from going. I go to local flea markets, auctions occasionally. But usually find my deals at local gun stores. I find guns that still have the boxes & manuals with them. At reasonable prices. And they usually will lower their prices a tad if buying more than one firearm. Or if it has sat on their used shelf for a while. I have learned the gun shows offer me nothing. Unless I want to waste some time.

Recent Posts