Vintage RCBS

It definitely works still šŸ‘Œ
Ready for deer season this weekend šŸ¤ 

Attachments

• D0778580-AAFA-49F2-9521-F9A7932D8965.jpeg
    D0778580-AAFA-49F2-9521-F9A7932D8965.jpeg
    893.9 KB · Views: 53
My brother's father-in-law, Bob, mentioned to my brother, Chris, he had a bunch of old reloading stuff he wanted to get rid of. Chris said he knew I reload and would ask if I was interestedā€¦
Of course I was into some vintage equipment!
Check out the sticker prices on those little cases of primers!
So now I have a vintage rock chucker for my portable bench šŸ‘Œ
$1.27 marked down to $.99. I love it! Must be a million years ago.

Easy now! I still use the one my dad gave me and it never seems to wear out. Still produces low volume quality reloads. If I need speed for handguns, I use a Dillon. I have cared for it over the decades by cleaning it and oiling the ram now and then but it is still in great shape.
I don't know what they finished the frame with back then but the green never dulls.

Easy now! I still use the one my dad gave me and it never seems to wear out. Still produces low volume quality reloads. If I need speed for handguns, I use a Dillon. I have cared for it over the decades by cleaning it and oiling the ram now and then but it is still in great shape.
I don't know what they finished the frame with back then but the green never dulls.
The older scales seem to be made at a time when they had a better quality. IMHO. That said, I have a 35 year old 3 beam that I still use today. It's dead on accurate. I'd have to spend way too much today to replace it, but why would I? It works great and its trustworthy. If it ain't broke, we'll, you know.

The older scales seem to be made at a time when they had a better quality. IMHO. That said, I have a 35 year old 3 beam that I still use today. It's dead on accurate. I'd have to spend way too much today to replace it, but why would I? It works great and its trustworthy. If it ain't broke, we'll, you know.
Old reloading friend had triple beam from Germany that was so sensitive that you could place a small piece of paper on it ,zero out and mark it with a #2 pencil and it would move the small beam. They don't make stuff like that anymore. Quality, stuff today is made to fail so they can sell more.

My brother's father-in-law, Bob, mentioned to my brother, Chris, he had a bunch of old reloading stuff he wanted to get rid of. Chris said he knew I reload and would ask if I was interestedā€¦
I like that old stuff, the press looks like the old RCBS JR-3 and the scale I believe is an old Redding of which I have one with the original power tricker, they are quite good scales even by today's standards, as for the case trimmer that's a Foster old enough. The RCBS boxes are quite collectible, some good stuff there enjoy... Cheers

I like that old stuff, the press looks like the old RCBS JR-3 and the scale I believe is an old Redding of which I have one with the original power tricker, they are quite good scales even by today's standards, as for the case trimmer that's a Foster old enough. The RCBS boxes are quite collectible, some good stuff there enjoy... Cheers
RCBS JR-3, that's what I was thinking when I typed SR3. I still use mine for small batch stuff. It works great after all these years. I do upgrade my gear, but just can't get rid of the old stuff.

16656908826253476502304147603896.jpg16656909045744570108513995550736.jpg

I just finished the last of LR primers from that age of packaging. That's the Roberts dies I use, newer than yours I think. 16656911755722259018753391668179.jpg

The tray for the small pistol primers is camo.

RCBS JR-3, that's what I was thinking when I typed SR3. I still use mine for small batch stuff. It works great after all these years. I do upgrade my gear, but just can't get rid of the old stuff.
Agree! RCBS has treated me right over the many years and they never seem to die, why change now? Plus I still like the old-school stuff as well. Cheers.
Old primers.jpg