Vihta Vuori N133 for 6mm BR

FromSA

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. In South Africa we are very limited for powder choice. Basically we only have access to the locally made Somchem powders. For my 6mm BR I use S335, which, if my reading is correct, is most similar to something like 4895 (IMR). My challenge is that with a load of 30.5 gr S335 I'm starting to load my bullet onto the powder (30.5 gr is still not a max load). The problem could be addressed if I did not seat my bullets this deep but unfortunately the chamber was reamed shorter than what I wanted it to be (I could take it back to the smith and have it redone but I'm not keen on it at the moment as it took a loooong time to get all the work done and I am very keen on shooting this rifle as soon as possible). Recently one store in South Africa started importing Vitha Vuori N133. What I would like to know is if N133 would be suitable for propelling the 87gr V-Max. I see that it is used for lighter bullets. But will it do the trick for the 87gr? And if it will, would I be able to save a little on case capacity so I don't seat my bullets on to the powder?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.