Viht N560 vs RL22

cstilt

From what I've read on here it seems like RL22 is a great powder for the 270win, but it sounds like it has some issues with lot to lot consistency and possibly with temp as well. My question is, how would N560 compare to RL22? Any differences in velocity, ES, accuracy or any other way you feel they do or don't compare and experiences in general.

I understand that Viht would cost more, but I am okay with that if it gives me the performance I want. Supply isn't an issue as a local gent loves Viht and keeps them on hand and can order for me.

Thank you,
Chris

Hey Chris,

Burn rates between the RL-22 and our N560 are very similar, with the N560 being just slightly faster. Excellent powder for the 270 Win, too. I think you'll find the V-V powder to be somewhat cleaner than the RL-22, but the issues of accuracy and velocity will need to be determined by you, in your particular rifle. Hey, they all have their own preferences.

As far as the consistency and temperature sensitivity questions are concerned, I think you'll like the N560. Very stable stuff.

Thanks for the info Kevin. I believe that you helped me decide to give it a go. When the snow stops flying around here I'll pick up a can and a box of TSX's and see what happens. Hopefully my rifle will like the combination.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.