Video of my dads deer hunt

Tikkamike

Last week was the last week of my dads whitetail season and so the last 3 days we spent a lot of time sitting and watching. We saw a lot of deer and a lot of rutting action. Here are some of the highlights and of course the kill. The shot is way far back but in his defence (which pains me to do) his angle the deer was behind the tree so he had to shoot for lunge rather than shoulder and the wind was blowing pretty hard up where we were on the hill and the bullet drifted quite a bit...or maybe he made a bad shot or both. He didnt know what to hold for wind and didnt want to hold too much and end up hitting the tree. You can see my camera is moving around a bit. The shot was 286 yards with his 375 ruger shooting 270 TSX at 2800 fps. This was all recorded and edited using my Iphone and phoneskope adapter for my vortex spotter so quality isnt as good as some of them you see with better cameras. CLICK ON PIC TO PLAY VIDEO

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.