Video of me - Cowboy Action shooting.

AJ Peacock

All,

Hope this is OK. A friend of mine asked me to upload one of my videos, so he could show someone at his work. I figured you all might get a kick out of it as well.

This is a video from the 2005 Midwest Regional Championship (held near Cincinnati). I finished 3rd out of more than 400 shooters in the main event.

This is me shooting during the top gun shoot off (Top finishers compete for best time on one final stage).

I ended up winning this shoot off (or else I wouldn't be showing you this video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). You can see my bronze trophy on the table.

The quality isn't great, but you get the idea. There where 17 targets that had to be hit in a certain sequence with 28 shots. A miss is counted as a 5 second penalty. Although you can't see the targets, the pistol targets were about 7-8 yards, the rifle targets were probably 30 yards and the shotgun targets were thin falling metal plates at around 20 yards. Typical rifle/pistol targets are 12"-18" round metal plates.

I would say that this type of shooting is the antithesis of LR shooting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9vkhHG6vk

Hope you all enjoy,

Don

Thanks for sharing. I was impressed especially with the shotgun reloading, that was slick.

WOW, thats pretty **** quick!!!!

We sell a bunch of stuff to alot of cowboy action shooters around here but that is really the first i have seen of it. Impressive to say the least

If i tried that with a shotgun i can guarantee you my finger would be stuck in that breach!!!

Congrats
steve

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for sharing. I was impressed especially with the shotgun reloading, that was slick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I keep waiting to be invited waterfowl hunting and show off that reloading tactic with a Rem 870! I wore a shotgun completely out dryfiring in my basement to get it down that fast (there are faster shooters out there).

I think I could actually cut 1-1.5 seconds off that time with another year of practice and another 40,000 rounds down range.

I decided that coaching my daughters softball team was more important, and I haven't shot a match in more than a year.

Glad you enjoyed it,

Don

WOW! That is fantastic stuff! That's why I love the shooting sports because there is so much variety in how to spend your weekend.

So tell us what your alias is.

I only know one hard core cowboy shooter. He is a resident of a town about 10 miles south of me. His name is HobbleCreek Marshall. You probably don't know him because he doesn't make it that far east. He has been to Okie a few times though I think.

Oh, two more questions. How did you get that video on here? What kind of camera was it filmed with?

[ QUOTE ]
WOW! That is fantastic stuff! That's why I love the shooting sports because there is so much variety in how to spend your weekend.

So tell us what your alias is.

I only know one hard core cowboy shooter. He is a resident of a town about 10 miles south of me. His name is HobbleCreek Marshall. You probably don't know him because he doesn't make it that far east. He has been to Okie a few times though I think.

Oh, two more questions. How did you get that video on here? What kind of camera was it filmed with?

[/ QUOTE ]

My alias is AJ Peacock. The original AJ Peacock was a bar owner in Dodge city. He had a shoot out with Bat Masterson and also was deputized a couple of times to transport prisoners. He was Chairman of the Board of Ford County Kansas, was one of the founding fathers of Dodge City etc.etc.

Since my last name is actually Peacock, it made sense to just use that 'real' moniker.

The video was filmed by my son with a Sony Handi-cam DCR-TRV80. The camera is excellent. The uploaded video isn't great quality. The original is terrific quality.

To upload, I just created a free account on www.youtube.com , uploaded the video then pasted the link into the message.

Don

I snooped around there and found the mounted competition.

Now, I could get into that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Be ****'d if I'd be the one that trained the horse, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I snooped around there and found the mounted competition.

Now, I could get into that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Be ****'d if I'd be the one that trained the horse, though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Roy,

I agree. I grew up on the back of a horse in Colorado, but don't have room or time for horses any more (unfortunately).

And I agree, the mounted competition looks like a lot of fun, some of the horses I had as a kid would have been real good for that sport. In fact, the first Muley I ever shot, I shot from the back of a horse with a Win94 30-30.

Take care,
Don

[ QUOTE ]

I decided that coaching my daughters softball team was more important, and I haven't shot a match in more than a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is always good to have the right priorities.

All,

Hope this is OK. A friend of mine asked me to upload one of my videos, so he could show someone at his work. I figured you all might get a kick out of it as well.

This is a video from the 2005 Midwest Regional Championship (held near Cincinnati). I finished 3rd out of more than 400 shooters in the main event.

This is me shooting during the top gun shoot off (Top finishers compete for best time on one final stage).

I ended up winning this shoot off (or else I wouldn't be showing you this video /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ). You can see my bronze trophy on the table.

The quality isn't great, but you get the idea. There where 17 targets that had to be hit in a certain sequence with 28 shots. A miss is counted as a 5 second penalty. Although you can't see the targets, the pistol targets were about 7-8 yards, the rifle targets were probably 30 yards and the shotgun targets were thin falling metal plates at around 20 yards. Typical rifle/pistol targets are 12"-18" round metal plates.

I would say that this type of shooting is the antithesis of LR shooting.

Hope you all enjoy,

Don

You are smooth and fast.Takes a lot of practice to reload that quick.

Recent Posts