Victor Id

171farm

I'm going to be taking a trip to the Victor area an I'm looking for some advice on must do things in the area. Also, looking at webcams it seems snow on the ground can be hit or miss…if we want to do some snowshoeing, what would be our best bet in the ID, WY, MT area shortly after Christmas?

I'm going to be taking a trip to the Victor area an I'm looking for some advice on must do things in the area. Also, looking at webcams it seems snow on the ground can be hit or miss…if we want to do some snowshoeing, what would be our best bet in the ID, WY, MT area shortly after Christmas?
The Glacier, Augusta, and Choteau areas have many wonderful snowshoeing areas.

1702733145625.jpeg

Jones Creek, Choteau
1702733502281.jpeg

Devils Glen in Augusta - one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I'd take a fishing rod, boots, wet/ cold weather gear, good binos or optics, and a sidearm if legal during hunting season. You'll be ready to enjoy all that's there and make it home safely.

Idaho has not had the usual amount of snow. We've had a a few poundings but then warm ups and an atmospheric river for ten days. A lot has melted.

The higher elevations will retain more snow though
5500ft ECT. If nothing else bring the snow shoes and attach them to your pack.

Victor is 6k so it should have smnow around. If you head up to leadore and then head west (only byway) toward Montana it will have you in snow in 6miles. I drove up that pass in November in it it's about 9,000 ft at the top and it was like its own blizzard climate

Recent Posts