Velocity nodes.

DJ Fergus

Im sure this has been talked about many times before. I reload for 7 different calibers & same caliber for multiple rifles. In all the load development I've done over the years I've noticed patterns in velocity nodes being similar in different rifles alot of times. Its gotten to the point I can just about predict where a velocity node will be. After that it seems like just picking which one shows the most accuracy out of them and fine tuning. I don't shoot much factory ammo but the factory ammo that shoots really good for me always falls into a velocity node that I am already familiar with. I'm not saying all of this is hard and fast methods to go by because I know it's not. Just curious if any of you notice similar examples.

Yeah there's definitely common nodes for particular cartridges and particular calibers.
I'm a believer that cartridges with very common nodes are the ones that are known as inherently accurate. An ammo manufacturer makes it a node and everybody has good luck with it

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.