Value of Dillon 550, not the C version.

Bigeclipse

I have found a used Dillon 550 locally. It is definitely not a 550c. It just says 550 on the frame of the unit. It appears to be in good functional condition. Comes with everything but the powder dies from what I can tell. What is it worth? Thanks!

Dillon's generally hold their value well. If it looks like it's in good shape try offering 75% of what a new one costs and go from there.

Doesn't know what he's talking about^

The market on 550s and 650s took a huge hit with the intro of the 750. A 550 in the condition you described is going for about $250 shipped max, face to face maybe $200.

1050s are know to hold almost all of their value and 650s used to.

Doesn't know what he's talking about^

The market on 550s and 650s took a huge hit with the intro of the 750. A 550 in the condition you described is going for about $250 shipped max, face to face maybe $200.

1050s are know to hold almost all of their value and 650s used to.
I just purchased a 750 and love it but I saw a local add from a person selling a 550. She wants 150$ for the press. It has all the parts for the press itself. No warning sensors. It comes with a die holder but no dies. It has the powder measure but no conversion kit. I don't even really need it to be honest but seemed like a good price.

If you are loading Pistol caliber's Dillon now makes a case feeder for the 550. Not sure if it fits all versions, but worth looking into.

Another 550 for $150.00? Definately since a tool head for my 1050 is over $200.00

I just purchased a 750 and love it but I saw a local add from a person selling a 550. She wants 150$ for the press. It has all the parts for the press itself. No warning sensors. It comes with a die holder but no dies. It has the powder measure but no conversion kit. I don't even really need it to be honest but seemed like a good price.
$150 is a steal. I still like the 550.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.