US Optics ST 10x37

xFREDRICKx

Hi,

I am curious to know about how clear the targets are under 100 meters? How well does the parallax work under the 100 meters? majority of my shooting will be beyond 100 meters for target shooting but I would like to hunt with this rifle too. If an animal is within 50 meters how well would this scope do? I am optioning for a fixed power because of the overall ruggedness of them.

Hi,

I am curious to know about how clear the targets are under 100 meters? How well does the parallax work under the 100 meters? majority of my shooting will be beyond 100 meters for target shooting but I would like to hunt with this rifle too. If an animal is within 50 meters how well would this scope do? I am optioning for a fixed power because of the overall ruggedness of them.
USO has outstanding glass so it will probably amaze you.

Thank you. I just don't want to worry about how clear I can see if a deer or elk come in close.

Clarity with USO glass won't be the problem up close, it's the narrow field of view and getting on target quickly with a 10x that will be the problem.
Ruggedness with a USO should not be an object of concern, the ones I've used are the most heavily built I've ever seen. USO would be one of my top pics for an optic I would want to go to combat with.
On the contrary, for the price of the USO you can get a really good tried and true variable power and have total confidence when hunting.

Clarity with USO glass won't be the problem up close, it's the narrow field of view and getting on target quickly with a 10x that will be the problem.
Ruggedness with a USO should not be an object of concern, the ones I've used are the most heavily built I've ever seen. USO would be one of my top pics for an optic I would want to go to combat with.
On the contrary, for the price of the USO you can get a really good tried and true variable power and have total confidence when hunting.

Thank for the advice. One of the few variables I was looking at is thr SWFA SS HD 5-20x55. Heard good things about it so that is another option even though i would prefer a fixed power i think the need for a wider range of view leans toward a variable.

I'm not saying a fixed 10x isn't doable, it just isn't easy up close...at all. I had run around with a fixed 10x on a M24 for years. It's a good all around medium to long range rifle scope.
One of my personal rifles wears a fixed 6x and though quite a bit better for closer engagements, it still isn't ideal. It isn't ideal for longer range precision work either, it's just a good compromise for an all around fixed power. I don't plan on busting brush or making 1000 yard head shots.
If you go fixed just realize that there is a compromise somewhere, but then again there is that possibility with any decision we make. When I'm training guys I tell them there is good and bad with everything we do, hopefully we just make the choice that has more good than bad. It's the same with choosing equipment.

Yep, 10x is way, way too much up close.

Yeah I will mainly be in open fields but there is always a chance of an animal getting in close. I figure if I option for that 10x then i would have to get a clear shot before the 50 meters or wait until after they have moved on.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts