ca

a
THE PRIZE:

A US Optics Spotting Scope

spotter.gif

PRIZE DONOR:

100000_904434_132.jpg

Enter me in the US Optics Spotting Scope Contest

I just got back from a ten day trip from Bags Wyoming. The weather was good in the second season. I started every morning with the 3:00 am wake up and returned to camp at 7:00 pm every night . The area was walk in access only and the average day was around 12 miles of hiking I saw about 20 to 30 deer a day and passed on about 5 to 7 bucks a day. Finally on the last day I was hunting high on the ridge line the fog was so thick you could cut it. The fog would open up a little then close up as if it were trying to hide something. During one of it's transitions I got a glimpse of that long awaited monster rack down below me 200 yards or so sneaking through a small saddle. I laid my 7 mag on top my back pack awaiting the next time the fog would clear. The fog cleared once more and the magnificent buck continued to walk slowly and carefully through the saddle putting my cross hairs behind his front shoulder a fired and down he went. Being 5 miles from camp and alone I skinned and boned the Buck were he lay. I did not have my deer bags with me so I ran a nylon cord through the parameter of the skin place the meat inside and made a drag bag.

It is OK to spend a entire hunting trip passing up bucks if they are not what you are looking for because when that right one presents itself the reward is ten fold.

Last edited:
"Enter Me In The US Optics Spotting Scope Contest".

I could use this scope...gun)

Status
Not open for further replies.