Us 869

GregShooter

Looking to develop a new load using 869 and the 150 grain Hornaday ELD-X. Barrel is crowned at 26". I'm thinking 92 grains gets me around 3250 FPS. Any comments or suggestions appreciated.gun)

I haven't tried it with 150 but I use 90 gr for 162 eld x @3350 summer or winter and have had no problem and seen no pressure signs either I realy like haven't even tried another powder in mine

Never used US869 in a STW but I use it a lot in 30-338 Lap Imp and 338 Lap Imp. My experience with it has been very positive but one of the things I found with using it, at least for me, was it needs the bullets to be seated out very close to touching because whenever I've backed them off and jump them further, the ES numbers will have huge swings. I pretty much only shoot Berger bullets so finding an accurate load with the bullets very close to the lands isn't a problem.

If you can't reach the lands with the bullet you intend to use with US869, it may not be a very good powder choice for you and could possibly give you some extreme ES numbers.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.