Upgraded scope on rifle and now I can't shoot groups - Help!

Spot well or spot weld Old terminology. Cheek meets the rest or butt stock. If the height of scope is change and the cheek rest is not, then the shooters habits/natural hold on the rifle will interfere with the new configuration. Can cause issues with consistency. Some have never had the problem show up. Others have fought it severely.

I've proven the cheek rest to people who do not understand it before. I would make them put their rifle in a vise i had when shooting and the only thing touching was their trigger finger. I had them to put their head off the scope but not touching the gun and put the cross hairs on the intended target. The reticle view is very very small and head so far away it naturally takes the parallax out doing this way. I then have them shoot groups. Then I get them to set up the rifle and shoot the groups on bags or rest and compare the group sizes and see if they can duplicate them. Yes the point of impact is always different between the two shooting styles but they are always in the say spot. So I mean when the shooter is shooting his groups may be on target but when shooting in the vise the groups will be high and left or right. But the groups in the vise will always some how be magically smaller than the shooters on a rest.

It all says its about the consistency of the shooters form. They wont believe it when I shoot it. So I use the vise to prove it.