Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) - Looking for RDs for the US

ELR Researcher

At this point we only have two Regional Directors (RDs) in the US (one for what, up to now, has been identified as "East" and one for "South Central"). We need a lot more troops to move this concept forward. Shooting season is at hand in many areas, so the time is now to get things going on the ground.

The US is configured into 15 regions (see below). Even with so many, drive distances/times for some folks will still be rather daunting. That aside for the moment, finding volunteers is the first order of the day.

Notwithstanding that we have a defined "description" for an RD on "The Details" page, in reality, at this point, we need primarily leader/doers who (in cooperation with others recruited within each regions) - find venues, arrange access, get the word out locally, and conduct the activities/events. As a non-commercial, pay-as-you-go group, no one is paid, so everyone involved is an "unpaid volunteer".

So we need volunteers. Please either PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

NOTE: While it might seem OK to "volunteer" others, please do not. Puts them and us in a bind if things don't work out (no time, not interested, etc.).

Thanks for your consideration.

Regions and associated states (generally west-to-east and then south-to-north)

Alaska

Hawaii

Southwest - CA and NV

Northwest - OR and WA

4 Corners - AZ, NM, CO, and UT

North-Mountain - ID, WY, and MT

South-Central - TX, OK, AR, and LA (already staffed)

Central Mid-West - KS, NE, IA, and MO

Northern Mid-West - SD, ND, MN, and WI

Central - IL, IN, KY, and TN

North-Central - MI and OH

South-East - MS, AL, GA, SC, and FL

East-Central - NC, VA, WV, MD, and DE (already staffed)

North-East - NJ, PA, and NY

New England - CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, and ME

"Shooting season is at hand in many areas".

Has the west held a shoot yet because we are losing faith in ever getting underway for the East Coast shoot in the SW Va Mountains. It is slipping away week by week.

At this point we only have two Regional Directors (RDs) in the US (one for what, up to now, has been identified as "East" and one for "South Central"). We need a lot more troops to move this concept forward. Shooting season is at hand in many areas, so the time is now to get things going on the ground.

The US is configured into 15 regions (see below). Even with so many, drive distances/times for some folks will still be rather daunting. That aside for the moment, finding volunteers is the first order of the day.

Notwithstanding that we have a defined "description" for an RD on "The Details" page, in reality, at this point, we need primarily leader/doers who (in cooperation with others recruited within each regions) - find venues, arrange access, get the word out locally, and conduct the activities/events. As a non-commercial, pay-as-you-go group, no one is paid, so everyone involved is an "unpaid volunteer".

So we need volunteers. Please either PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

NOTE: While it might seem OK to "volunteer" others, please do not. Puts them and us in a bind if things don't work out (no time, not interested, etc.).

Thanks for your consideration.

Regions and associated states (generally west-to-east and then south-to-north)

Alaska

Hawaii

Southwest - CA and NV

Northwest - OR and WA

4 Corners - AZ, NM, CO, and UT

North-Mountain - ID, WY, and MT

South-Central - TX, OK, AR, and LA (already staffed)

Central Mid-West - KS, NE, IA, and MO

Northern Mid-West - SD, ND, MN, and WI

Central - IL, IN, KY, and TN

North-Central - MI and OH

South-East - MS, AL, GA, SC, and FL

East-Central - NC, VA, WV, MD, and DE (already staffed)

North-East - NJ, PA, and NY

New England - CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, and ME

Randy:

I appreciate you posting regarding a subject quite dear to my old heart.

The East-Central crew is working on finalizing the date and location. We hope to post info early next week.

In regards out west, we are still looking for a Regional Director (RD), our local activity/event champion.

Best regards and God Bless!

Oscar

As an Observer who obviously cannot appreciate the work that has already gone into trying to organize this effort, I give a suggestion. Instead of worrying so much about growing the association with directors and such on paper, just hold a real shoot anyway and anywhere that you can. The associated buzz with stories and pictures will help accomplish the filling out of the organization.

good luck to all of you working on our behalf.

Randy - see the new thread on the Virginia "activity" (once the moderator releases that post).

Last edited:
Since the other thread has not yet come up (a day after my attempted posting), I'll try to add the info here.

URSA Virginia Fun Shoot Location Selected, Date Set!!!

Here is a pic (Pics) of the venue for the first official URSA "activity". Those foothills are at 4400 yards.

Tentatively IBS 1000 yard benchrest targets will be placed at 2000, 2500, 3000, and 3500 - 37" outer ring, shots need to be on or inside the outer ring to count.

About 30 folks have indicated a strong interest in shooting and the "activity" will be capped at that - to avoid messing up the relationship with the local land owner. Some shooters expect an 8 hour travel time. Those who have contacted the Regional Director will be notified when the date is finalized.

We will post "results" on the URSA website - and the various forums - as they become available.

UPDATE (05142014 PM) - The date for this Fun Shoot is May 25th. Starting time is daylight. Claypool Hill, Va is about 15 minutes from where this will take place. Contact the RD if interested at [email protected]. Serious shooters only!! He only has room for a few more shooters so contact him ASAP.

Administrator;

I live in the Salt Lake City, Utah area and was curious about your up and coming

organization??

could you send me some information in what is needed in my area and the responsibility's of he local person???

Knapper

Knapper:

Sorry for the late reply, its been several days since I checked this forum.

The info you are looking for is on "The Details" page of the URSA website - The Details

In case you are interested in stepping up to a Regional Director slot, may the Good Lord bless you! Both of the current RDs (not in your area ) have had family issues that have stalled things in their areas.

BTW, in re contacting me re URSA, please use my URSA e-mail address - [email protected]

Thank for your interest and God Bless!

Oscar

Oscar;

I was curious about the club and was looking to join an existing club... Not create one in my area or state??

That would be some thing that would be a full time job and one that I don't feel that I
am capable of doing now... I am 75 years old and all though I get out and do a lot of shooting?? The job of being a coordinator is not really one that I feel I could handle right now??

I do want to thank you for the opportunity??? I would love to have had that offered to me 30 or 40 years ago..

Thanks again

Dallas (knapper0

I'm sure I have some shooters interested just at my range.

So...

Sent an email to the facilitator.

Keith (and any others who are interested in getting involved):

Please e-mail me at [email protected] and let me know where you are located (yes, Keith, I already know yours from your profile) and how you would like to get involved.

If you are "simply" interested in being a shooter, that's great. I'll point you at the associated RD, if there is one at that point, or if no current RD, I'll retain your location and contact info and forward it once an RD for your region volunteers.

If you are interested in being an RD - which is our primary area need at this point - please note that position will include finding regional venues and being the lead in getting associated events scheduled and run.

All - please take the time to read "The Details" page and the "News" page.

Thanks for your interest and God Bless!

Oscar

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.