Ultra lightweight stock

Have you spoken with James at Kelbly? They can do about anything you can think of. That's a pretty common combination. I don't know if they have that unit in stock. But it wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

Thank You for all of the opinions, especially about rifle balance. It gives me alot to think about & I will do some more research.

It will be chambered in a 6mm cartridge, just not sure which one yet, so recoil won't be a problem. I plan on shooting 90 gr Nosler BT's for coyote hunting.

I have a .308 in a Manners MCS-UC-Plus that weighs a tick under 7# complete with HH #2 barrel at 24" and pic rail and a 7SAUM in a EH-3 that weighs just over 4# without the barrel.

MCS-UC weighed 19oz and EH-3 weighed 27oz with Badger pic rail (2") and flush cups.

08B42AA1-67E0-4431-A98E-FDB9C34BCAF1.jpeg

It will be chambered in a 6mm cartridge, just not sure which one yet, so recoil won't be a problem. I plan on shooting 90 gr Nosler BT's for coyote hunting.
One of my Brown Precision rifles is a 6mm rem. Recoil is mild. The other is a 350 rem mag ai. I don't enjoy working up loads for that one.😉

Surprised no one has mentioned the Proof lightweight hunter stock- 18-19oz, very rigid compared to a McMillan Hunter Edge. I have a SA version on my 7saum that has fit very nicely. Enough width at the foreend to fit a spartan bipod adaptor.

Wildcat Composites isn't exporting stocks out of Canada anymore, or they weren't 6 months ago when I asked about a SA M70 stock.

Check out Pendleton Custom Stocks, I had one done on a short action in 6.5 cm and a blind magazine , the stock weighed 14 .5 oz with recoil pad and one on a long action with BDL bottom metal 300 win mag and was reinforced in certain areas weighed 18. 5 oz. both of these were tuff to shoot off a bench. Check their web site. PS I sold the 6.5 , when all done with guts and feathers and 4 rounds in it the total weight was 6 lbs even , no brake. It kicked harder than the 300 winney with a brake,

I've found that shooting hard recoiling rifles off the bench is easier with a high rifle rest. I have a large plastic tool box that I keep my shooting gear in. It is about a foot high plus a sand bag on top. Our range shooting benches now have adjustable seats, so I screw it down low enough that I'm sitting up straight. It makes a world of diffenence not being hunched behind the gun. I shoot a 6.5 lb. (with scope & sling) 7mm WSM.

Recent Posts