Truing Quickload estimates to real world data

MSURunner

I'm hoping someone here has established a quicker method than my guess and check to get stuff trued up to match the real world data.

First, measure/weigh everything and make the corrections.

Now let's say QL estimates a velocity of 2488 fps using 36.0 gn AR-Comp. Real world velocity was 2597 fps (+109 fps).
Again, QL estimates a velocity of 2377 fps using 34.0 gn AR-Comp. Real world velocity was 2510 fps (+133 fps).

If I bump up Initiation Pressure to match 36.0 velocity, I'd have to have a IP of 20K+ and it doesn't track well with the velocity back on the other end.

So then I reset the IP back to 3625 and tweak Ba Factor. Ba Factore needs to increase by almost 20% to get top velocity correct, but then again, doesn't track well on the other end.

So then Weighting Factor get adjusted, and again, they don't match up linearly... Then I fiddle with Bullet Weight/Case Capacity. It usually winds up being such a process to get it close across a whole spectrum without using one value that seems out of place otherwise. More importantly, it takes forever....

What do you guys that true your data do? What your process like?

You can chose a different barrel. One with more volume.
There are some pretty bogus barrels loaded for some cartridges.

Make sure seated bullet bearing is correct, and of course correct barrel length.

Last edited:
I do much the same as you. Fiddle with it until I get close. For gas guns I can't get it at all

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.