• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Tripod

Lshort

As the title says, looking to buy a good tripod that won't break the bank. Carbon would be a bonus but not necessary. Thanks.

I have an FLM CP30-S4 II tripod I might be willing to part with for $300, you would just need to add a head or leveling base. Are you looking for something with a platform or do you want a vertical extension?

Looking for one with a vertical extension, however I am a total novice with tripods. Are there any cons to having an extension vs platform? Or just personal preference?

Both uses if possible, don't want to have to carry two if I don't have to. Mostly shooting I'd say

Vertical extension gives you the quick elevation without having to move/adjust the legs which is nice for hunting and glassing. Something with a platform/bowl/leveling base is going to be more stable and is typically what PRS shooters gravitate towards. Personal preference is definitely a factor. I have both and sort of overlap their uses. For your intended purpose I would say go for a vertical extension.

If no one has anything, the SLIK brand offerings are supposed to be a good value for the money.

https://outdoorsmans.com/collections/tripods?_=pf&pf_t_brand=Slik

If you haven't looked at Slik tripods, I'd recommend looking at them. You can't beat the price and quality for what you get.

I've got a feisol carbon fiber I'd let go. Also has the long extension tube as well as the short one. Desmond db55 ball head. Used 2 seasons in prs matches. Not perfect but not hurt either. I think it's the 3372 model. I'll get you some pics if interested. $435 for everything.

Recent Posts