Trigger for Lawton 8000/Cheytac action

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

AKA M350

Does this action use a standard R700 trigger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Joel.It seems to have a side cutaway for a side safety, same as my Hall action of the same size but I am much more interested in a Jewell anyway.

Jeff,
I have a Lawton 8000 and use a Rem 700 Jewell on it. I use the BR version with no safety or bolt release since it has a bolt stop built into the side of the action and I only use it for target shooting. The Rem 700 triggers are not a direct install though. Instead of pinning the trigger directly into the action there is a trigger hanger bolted to the action. Then the trigger is pinned into the hanger.
Jay

Thank you Joel.It seems to have a side cutaway for a side safety, same as my Hall action of the same size but I am much more interested in a Jewell anyway.
Interesting that yours has a top safety cut out. Someone must have milled that in as they were not manufactured that way. I recently had one come through here for "trigger issues", and the tang was milled for a top safety. I replaced it with the Jewell bottom safety, no bolt release, and it worked flawless.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.