Trigger for Howa

A friend of mine has a 1500 setting in my safe, and I've wondered if a 700 trigger works in them. Anyone know off hand?

No a 700 won't work. Timney came out with one a while back, haven't tried it yet in my Howa cause I am not real fond of Timney's. But anything would be better than the factory trigger.
By the way, a trigger job can be done on the factory but to get it really nice involves a lot of stoning and some machining due to the saftey design.

Thanks for the information!! I just ordered one. It's the Timney #611 at $94.Well worth it,because the gun shoots perfect,but I hate that factory trigger.Even after the gunsmith worked on it.He had to take it apart and work on all the surfaces,because of the same problem.You adjust it light and you get creep.You adjust the creep out and the safety doesn't work.....Thanks again
smile.gif

Like Chris said, you can work with the stock triggers to some extent. The trigger on my Weatherby Vanguard (it's the same as the Howa) developed a lot of very gritty creep. If you adjusted the creep out, the safety wouldn't work. You can very carefully machine fit the parts to make it work, but looking back I would have done better just getting a Timney.

Timney Triggers

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.