Howa Carbon

I also like the fact it's a long action, I like the potential for a longer seating, an action 3/4" longer does not concern me.
If they're on a long action I wish I woulda seen in before I built the gun I just did. I wanted the savage but 6.5prc in a short action sux with the throat where it is and only a 3" magazine. The Tupperware accustock isn't exciting. All that aside I've seen some happy people with them...

I ended up building carbon fiber 26 nosler repeater with alluminum bedding/and glass. Ill be 8lbs scoped.

I received a Howa HS carbon Fiber in 6.5prc a few weeks ago. It took about a year to get it from the time I ordered it (I'm in Canada) From the reviews I've watched and read it sounds like Howa is making their own carbon fibre barrels in house. Took it to the range a few days ago. The result weren't exciting. The best group was 1.8inches at 100 with Hornady precision hunter. Most groups were 2.2-2.8. I slid a borescope down the barrel and the crown recess looks pretty bad. I'm thinking this is my problem or at least part of it.
BF3405D7-C304-40AF-AE81-94A228704187.jpeg
7C3A98BC-C318-4042-A7B1-947D05E8A25B.jpeg
37B403C3-B543-442C-931E-E25C47129E7B.jpeg
4EF93CE5-002C-4950-A532-DD7E5783D5B5.jpeg

Nomosendero: Rather than a Howa at 7.8 lbs, consider this at 6.7 lbs. https://www.eurooptic.com/Sauer-100-Classic-65-PRC-Rifle-S1W65P.aspx

Cheaper still is the synthetic stock https://www.eurooptic.com/Sauer-100-Classic-XT-65-PRC-Rifle-S1S65P.aspx

But if heavy is what you want this one puts the weight in the barrel. https://www.eurooptic.com/Sauer-100-Fieldshoot-65-PRC-Rifle-S1F65PRC.aspx
I ruled out the Howa months ago.
I saw a Wea. Vanguard PRC for $495.00, someone bought it and brought it back a traded for another round, probably could not find ammo. The feed ramp didn't have a scratch, I could not tell if it had been fired.

My Wife drew an AR Elk tag, so I will be working on a load for her 6.5x55 and I will be using my 25-06AI Sendero this Deer season. I am swamped and may not try loads for the PRC any time soon. At that price I had to buy it, if it does not perform REALLY well, I will get my money back at the least.

I ruled out the Howa months ago.
I saw a Wea. Vanguard PRC for $495.00, someone bought it and brought it back a traded for another round, probably could not find ammo. The feed ramp didn't have a scratch, I could not tell if it had been fired.

My Wife drew an AR Elk tag, so I will be working on a load for her 6.5x55 and I will be using my 25-06AI Sendero this Deer season. I am swamped and may not try loads for the PRC any time soon. At that price I had to buy it, if it does not perform REALLY well, I will get my money back at the least.
Oh, wow! I didn't realize you were so close to me. I live in Paragould. Congrats to your wife on her elk tag. Let me know if you need help with anything or just keep me in the loop so I can enjoy vicariously. My wife and I loved staying in a cabin in Ponca, AR and listening to the Elk bugle and seeing them out in the pastures. I got within 25 yards of elk a couple of times there.

Pics of the crown are horrifying. Are you going to send it back to Howa (what a hassle!) or just have it recrowned?
I talked with a warranty rep at Howa/Legacy about it. He said because I'm in Canada they can't help me and gave me contact info for the shop that handles their warranty stuff in Canada. I called that shop and had a good chat with the owner. I sent him the pictures while we were on the phone and agreed it looks like junk. He's really backed up on work and said it would be 2 months before he'd even get a chance to look at it if I did send it to him so he suggested trying to lap the crown recess myself or bringing it to a gunsmith and have the recess re-cut. He said I can't screw it up any worse then it already is so if it still shoots poorly after I try to fix it he will not hold it against me as far as voiding the warranty goes. It's just a shame to have to do this on a 2,400 dollar rifle (Canadian dollars that is)