Transporting a Charged Muzzle-loader

Here in PA the law states that a muzzleloader with the flash pan empty or no cap it is considered unloaded.
Using black powder, I routinely leave my flintlock charged with the same charge over 3 weeks during the course of the season unless I have opportunity to shoot at a deer. Never had a problem. I actually have left a charge in one of my flintlocks for over a year from one season to the next and didn't have any issues getting it to fire. As far as the Co2 devices go, they will not work with a sabot or a bullet with a plastic base or gas check that requires expansion into the grooves to seal. The Co2 will leak right around the bullet without moving it.
At least it did not work for me. Now if you remove the flash pan plug and hit it with 120 psi from an air compressor, it comes out like it was shot. Ask me how I know…..

Just a question, maybe would make for a good test. I have not, nor ever heard of it being done.

Has anyone ever loaded a ML, hauled it around loaded for a week or 10 days in varying conditions of cold to warm (truck/cabin/field) then shot it over a chrono to check velocity and POI?
Yep, even messed up and left one charged for a month, shot it at the 100 yd sight in range, bullseye. However, I don't recommend doing this!

I forgot to unload my stainless CVA for about 2 months after a hunt. After unloading and cleaning there were about 3 large pits in the lands from corrosion.
Next they will make a law that after you fish for the day you need to take the hook off at night and when walking to the next fishing spot.

I forgot to unload my stainless CVA for about 2 months after a hunt. After unloading and cleaning there were about 3 large pits in the lands from corrosion.
Next they will make a law that after you fish for the day you need to take the hook off at night and when walking to the next fishing spot.
Yep, most folks think those black powder substitutes are only corrosive after being burned…NOT.

Having just returned from a successful muzzleloader hunt. I always leave the ML loaded, I'm not cleaning every night after discharging that dirty thing. I left my loads in for 5 days through 95° weather to pouring rain storms, no covers just hiking and glassing... when Bambi's uncle walked out it was game over.

I leave mine loaded and remove the primer, I've never had an issue

LOL...Plz don't give them any ideas, they're off the rails bad enough as it is. We " gun owners " need to start voting those kind of ppl that think like that & are making up all these BS rules & laws & get rid of them & their laws.