Tract scopes

I had one for a short period of time. A little heavy at 34oz and a 30mm tube but it was a nice scope especially at the price point. I ended up sending it back and returned it because some dirt on the inside of the scope and was visible while looking through it. John was pretty understanding and nice to work with. The time i had it, the glass was pretty good and it tracked perfectly. If you don't mind the weight, its great.

Looks like a Gen1 Vortex RZR, but for about 1/2 the price... Good-sized turrets, too. The MRAD reticle is fairly similar to the Vortex VMR-1. I'd be interested in trying one and reviewing one, if they want to send me a TORIC UHD 4-20x50 MRAD/MRAD model. :D

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/toric-uhd-30mm-4-20x50-ffp-mrad

Also, I like their sales tactic...They distribute DIRECTLY to Amazon, and are a Prime seller (if you're a Prime member), so you get free 2-day shipping. That's really smart. They don't have a middle-man (distributer) to sell to first, so they retain all profits, and if you bought it directly off of Amazon, you send it back to Amazon, you don't have to go through a chain of BS to get something warrantied, or wonder if you bought it online, does it still have a warranty. Very smart move on their part, with the way folks are buying everything online now days.

https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=AHZWQGTB9CWP0&merchant=AHZWQGTB9CWP0

Last edited:
I have the Toric 3-15x42 (1", BDC reticle, 20 oz.), but it's new. I may have a chance to get it to the range for the first time tomorrow. If I do, I'll run a tracking test and compare the clarity to a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 I'll be bringing along.

I have the 3-15x42 Toric 1" tube. Bought it about this time last year and have run a tracking test after load development and shot anywhere from 100-1040 yards. It's on a 260 Remington in Talley lightweights and I can get 28 Moa which is what I needed for 1040. It's tracked 100% and returned to zero every time. Glass is pretty good my only complaint or really any slight bit of negative is I sometimes have a hard time getting the target focused razor sharp. That could be a result of how the reticle is focused to my eye though. I really like the notched parallax because it's never accidentally going to move but at times I feel like I might need to be right between two notches and that could be the little bit out of focus. It's about the perfect weight and magnification range for a do all lightweight mountain rifle. Mine is 20 oz which is far better than low 30's for most scopes that will compete for reliability in dialing. I've used it as cold as mid teens and it still dialed right on for a 700 yard shot.

I have the 3-15x42 Toric 1" tube. Bought it about this time last year and have run a tracking test after load development and shot anywhere from 100-1040 yards. It's on a 260 Remington in Talley lightweights and I can get 28 Moa which is what I needed for 1040. It's tracked 100% and returned to zero every time. Glass is pretty good my only complaint or really any slight bit of negative is I sometimes have a hard time getting the target focused razor sharp. That could be a result of how the reticle is focused to my eye though. I really like the notched parallax because it's never accidentally going to move but at times I feel like I might need to be right between two notches and that could be the little bit out of focus. It's about the perfect weight and magnification range for a do all lightweight mountain rifle. Mine is 20 oz which is far better than low 30's for most scopes that will compete for reliability in dialing. I've used it as cold as mid teens and it still dialed right on for a 700 yard shot.
I also like that on the Toric UHD scopes, the turrets lock down to keep from accidentally bumping them out of place. You pickup on the turret, and it clicks up out of the groove, then you can turn it, then you push it back down and lock it into place. Pretty ingenious.

I also like that on the Toric UHD scopes, the turrets lock down to keep from accidentally bumping them out of place. You pickup on the turret, and it clicks up out of the groove, then you can turn it, then you push it back down and lock it into place. Pretty ingenious.
I like that feature as well just haven't installed the locking turret yet I just keep the cap on. Either capped or locking turrets are a requirement for me

Interested to hear what you have to say here.
I have the Toric 3-15x42 (1", BDC reticle, 20 oz.), but it's new. I may have a chance to get it to the range for the first time tomorrow. If I do, I'll run a tracking test and compare the clarity to a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 I'll be bringing along.

I have one the Tract Toric scope HD 5-20 50mm for eight months, I was planning on buying the Vortex Razor Gen all scope until I watched a video on YouTube about the scope, I can only say that it's a great scope for the price, I'm also glad I bought it I did a price increase to$1295 from $1155 but I got mine under a thousand dollars. But because of school, ✏️ I haven't done a lot of shooting with it, comes spring.

I have a toric 3-15×42 with the plex reticle. I've had it for 3 years. I put it on a 6.5 saum. I love it for my needs its perfect. With the zero stop installed i can get a shade over 1000 yards. I think the glass is better than my vx3 or conquest hd5. For the money its hard to beat especially if you can get it on sale.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.