TRACT Optics in AH

There was no mention of water repelling coatings. Is that coming?

Already done! The lenses are fully multicoated, with the exteriors having an additional protective coating for scratches and oil in addition to any water.

As you are well aware this is a long range hunting/shooting forum. It appears from your website that the Toric is your best rifle scope. It also appears that 15X is your top magnification. It seems to me that most of the top rated long range optics have a bit more magnification. Maybe 20-25X on the top end. Is something like that in the works? If so do you have projected release dates?
The Toric seems to be the one you have for long range hunting. The specs on the web site say 50MOA of adjustment. That is rather low. Any plans to improve that? Bruce

As you are well aware this is a long range hunting/shooting forum. It appears from your website that the Toric is your best rifle scope. It also appears that 15X is your top magnification. It seems to me that most of the top rated long range optics have a bit more magnification. Maybe 20-25X on the top end. Is something like that in the works? If so do you have projected release dates?
The Toric seems to be the one you have for long range hunting. The specs on the web site say 50MOA of adjustment. That is rather low. Any plans to improve that? Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I believe you're on Africahunting.com as well? If the same member, I enjoyed your last report.

The Toric is our flagship on top tier line. As a new company we had to first release your more "classic" styles/variants of scopes. Every hunter needs their 3-9's, 2-10's, and 3-15's, etc. We focused the first release to this core offering in scopes, We also have 2 tiers of binoculars, the Toric and Tekoa, in 8x42 and 10x42.

That being said, lots of irons in the fire. Higher magnification scopes are in development ( I say development as TRACT designs from ground up, we don't pull from the factory offerings) and will be coming out. The first group is 1" tubes, also aimed at those hunters who are shooting 1-500 yards where that amount of travel is all you need, especially paired with a drop reticle.

that leads to yes, there will be 30mm tubes with more travel in the higher mag scopes. Believe me, I'm a product guy, and I want more offerings and options. But, the business side me me pulls the reigns back and says we need to build intelligently and start with that core offering that appeals to every hunter. But bet your bottom dollar some great higher mag scopes are coming out for the LR guys and low mag scopes for the DG rifles. All with keeping with TRACT'S goal of bring premium optics out to the consumer at those reduced prices without those added margins.

Yes I'm the same as over on AH. Glad you enjoyed the report. Good well thought out answere. I wish you success. I may take a closer look as you introduce new models. Thanks Bruce

When you later produce FFP "Christmas tree" reticles I'll be there with my money. Your scopes seem to be the best for the money, notwithstanding SWFA's very good affordable scopes, one of which I own.

Eric B.

When you later produce FFP "Christmas tree" reticles I'll be there with my money. Your scopes seem to be the best for the money, notwithstanding SWFA's very good affordable scopes, one of which I own.

Eric B.

Thanks Eric. Not to give too much away... but matched turrets/reticle in both MIL and MOA may be around the corner... :D. In addition to higher mag ranges and larger tubes.

Just returned from SHOT this morning and have to say, lots of cool items coming out in 17.

Please do give too much away:D. We're all ears... Seems like with the proper growth schedule and new product introduction, y'all may be around a while. Sure like the idea of a direct to consumer sales model. Looking forward to seeing some of the moa reticle/turret models come out.

Hi Bruce,

I believe you're on Africahunting.com as well? If the same member, I enjoyed your last report.

The Toric is our flagship on top tier line. As a new company we had to first release your more "classic" styles/variants of scopes. Every hunter needs their 3-9's, 2-10's, and 3-15's, etc. We focused the first release to this core offering in scopes, We also have 2 tiers of binoculars, the Toric and Tekoa, in 8x42 and 10x42.

That being said, lots of irons in the fire. Higher magnification scopes are in development ( I say development as TRACT designs from ground up, we don't pull from the factory offerings) and will be coming out. The first group is 1" tubes, also aimed at those hunters who are shooting 1-500 yards where that amount of travel is all you need, especially paired with a drop reticle.

that leads to yes, there will be 30mm tubes with more travel in the higher mag scopes. Believe me, I'm a product guy, and I want more offerings and options. But, the business side me me pulls the reigns back and says we need to build intelligently and start with that core offering that appeals to every hunter. But bet your bottom dollar some great higher mag scopes are coming out for the LR guys and low mag scopes for the DG rifles. All with keeping with TRACT'S goal of bring premium optics out to the consumer at those reduced prices without those added margins.
Thanks Trevor,any idea when the new 30mm higher magnification scopes will be available?Should I wait a couple of months or stay with 3x15x 50mm toric ?

Trevor,

Glad to hear that TRACT "...designs from the ground up." That is great news and will keep TRACT on an upward trajectory for shooter acceptance.

"You're either living off your past reputation or building it." I see TRACT as always building a reputation with their in-house design.

Eric B.

Trevor,

Glad to hear that TRACT "...designs from the ground up." That is great news and will keep TRACT on an upward trajectory for shooter acceptance.

"You're either living off your past reputation or building it." I see TRACT as always building a reputation with their in-house design.

Eric B.

I am really hoping they make me want to replace my scopes.

Thanks Trevor,any idea when the new 30mm higher magnification scopes will be available?Should I wait a couple of months or stay with 3x15x 50mm toric ?

I don't want to speak too soon, but we are into development and testing of a 30mm tubed higher mag optic. I can say there we will a few different flavors of options with it. As with any optic, were testing it to the extreme to make sure its up to snuff.

We have about 1 year of testing it in the field as of now and are going into a few more stages of testing.

I'm hearing that it may be ready around the end of this year...and bet your bottom dollar I'll be on LRH here showing you guys as soon as I get the send off on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.