Today's wind and rain

That's some great shooting! What combination were you using? I am still waiting on my rifle. Time just drags on and on!

That's some great shooting! What combination were you using? I am still waiting on my rifle. Time just drags on and on!

I'm still using the supplied bullets, as I had 150 of them.

The VX6 3-18 doesn't have the scope adjustment for 500yd shooting. I installed a 20 moa base and after talking to Ken, he suggested it would throw the turret off. He told me the Mark 4 has enough adjustment but not the VX6. He said I could get away with a 10 moa, but past experience told him a 20 moa wouldn't match the rangeS with the turret.

Well he was right, again. I shot this morning and made sure the turret was perfectly on 300yds. It shot well. Then I turned it to 4 and settled on the 400yd target. I sent five rounds and all five rounds were over 7" higher than they should be. With the Warne flat base, the turret matched PERFECTLY from 100yds to 400yds. Something to consider OR discuss concerning your purchase.

I'm removing the 20 moa base and taking that back. I'll put the Warne back on until I can finding a 10 moa, which will most likely entail an internet search or, a call to Ken.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.