Today is Leftover Day in Colorado

jasonco

Today is Colorado Leftover Day and it was good morning! Picked up 2 Limited tags Cow 2nd and a Either Sex 4th. It's gonna be a good year!

Who else got in on the bonanza of over 54,000 available limited tags?!
I didn't get the buck pronghorn I was looking for, but there still time.

Picked up a 1st season cow tag to go along with the 1st season bull tag that I drew earlier. A couple of more days and I will add a bear tag also.

Their website is a joke, I was trying get a tag for my son, I have all info on his account, after entering hunt code it asked for his hunter I'd number which is on his account, then my credit card, then exp date. On and on asking for info that is all on the account. Needless to say, he got nothing. Now it's on to plan b or c or just stay home. I know, leftover tags are not plan a, but with the amount of landowner vouchers being cut, I guess I just can't afford to hunt there much longer.

I couldn't draw a buck with 7 points, said screw it I'm tired off the point creep madness! Let the points fade away. Reapply after after 7 years and draw a buck tag with zero...***...I'll take it, I just need the tag, I'll find deer.

We got 2nd season cow tags and joining my son in law's army reserve crew, so looking forward to kicking it back a bit. Also got my late season pronghorn doe so I can hunt with the wife.

From the amount of tags left, CPW should be happy and shouldn't be an issue funding?! I even went to see if there was a sheep tag, in a unit I hunted in the past, no luck.

Good hunting everyone!

Just out of curiosity, why wait for left over day for deer and elk at all? I jumped in on the second draw after taking preference point in the first draw. We both drew the cow and doe tags we wanted. Going to go over the counter for bull. Just curious if there's some reason to wait for left over day vs doing the second draw in July.

I just started my point parade carnival, after being screwed over by the ridiculous point creep love fest and couldn't draw in my own State. Decided to start putting in for Limited Tags again this year, and still purchase what OTC tags and Leftover's that were available.
So apparently, after DOW, changed their fee and license structure for 2019, a lot of folks decided not play the pricey game this season?! You gotta really want to hunt Colorado now, because it's gonna get deep in your pocket.

Just out of curiosity, why wait for left over day for deer and elk at all? I jumped in on the second draw after taking preference point in the first draw. We both drew the cow and doe tags we wanted. Going to go over the counter for bull. Just curious if there's some reason to wait for left over day vs doing the second draw in July.
What is the second draw? Never heard of it

https://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/BigGameLicenseOptions.aspx

Midway down, leftover draw. If you know which cow tag you want etc, can take your preference point and then put it down as a second choice or see what's left and pick it up in the leftover draw before leftover day.
Thanks for the heads up, I haven't seen that before. What's frustrating is my kid applied for the tag we were trying to get for him, he had points for it, he was unsuccessful, but there were still tags leftover? Really

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.