Tikka T3 vs T3X worth 200-250 extra???

Elkwonder

I recently decided to just brake down and sell some of my rifles that don't get shot and replace them with guns that will get shot. I was wanting to get 4 Tikka's. 223, 243, 6.5x55, and 300wsm. I was looking around at various dealers that are closing out inventory on their older model T3 to make room for the T3X. As it turns out gun for gun, I have found as much as 200-250 dollar savings if I was to go with the older T3.
Two of the guns will be the stainless laminated version so there will be NO advantage to the T3X stock anyways, and the other two will have an after market stock ordered for them, so once again, no advantage to the new T3X stock at all. I will also be doing the bolt handle and shroud upgrade, so there is NO benefit there as well. HOWEVER, the scope mount and wider ejection port differences MAY be worth it. My question to you Tikka fans is would it be worth the extra money to you for these options? Thanks very much for the opinions.

Please post where you found those T3's on sale. I'd be grabbing them up. Especially with what you are planning.

Well the t3x comes with alloy bolt shroud so you won't need to replace that. The scope mounting is the same. Well my t3 rail fits the t3x. The ejection port has made no difference for me.
The mag has steel lips. But that doesn't make any difference for me either. The t3 mags fit, as I'm using my modified one for the t3. The best difference for me is the bigger palm swell that they come with. I just like the bigger bolt on grip.
Other wise no real difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.