Tikka t3 bolt stop pin falls out.

gaute jørgensen

So when i try to remove my bolt from the tikka t3 the pin that holds the boltstop sometimes falls out and into the rifle stock, how can i make sure it will stay in?

You might try a stronger spring the tension it puts on it holds it in or take a hammer and tap the end to egg shape it a little or enough to put a little resistance on it just don't get to carried away so you can still remove if need to

Normally the stock should hinder the pin from dropping out. You should have a little ledge in the stock that the pin will rest on if it goes down. Do you have an aftermarket stock? or fitted a shorter pin? Take the floor plate out the stock fit the barrelled action in the stock and turn the rifle upside down and you should see your pin. The pin should not be able to fall out or something is wrong.
edi

Normally the stock should hinder the pin from dropping out. You should have a little ledge in the stock that the pin will rest on if it goes down. Do you have an aftermarket stock? or fitted a shorter pin? Take the floor plate out the stock fit the barrelled action in the stock and turn the rifle upside down and you should see your pin. The pin should not be able to fall out or something is wrong.
edi
Thank YOU so much! it was the problem, the after market stock im using had a little shiv that i had not installed and missed in the package! ty so much. its all good now.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts