Tikka & MDT build

2ndhandrifles

This is my first long range build. 6.5 PRC Tikka T3 Roughtech Lite mounted in an MDT LSS-XL Gen 2 chassis. Added a Little Bastard Gen 3 muzzle break from American Precision Arms and swapped out the bolt handle & knob for one from Atlas works out of Australia. Put a Vortex Razor HD 3-15 x 42 HSR-5i (MOA) on it. Only one test at the range.....little to no recoil, comes straight back just a touch. Tested with 143 gr Norma Bondstrike factory ammo. Son and I were having a bit of an off day but we shot almost identical 1" groups at 200 yds and each hit the center with one of our rounds. I have some 140 gr Nosler AB ammo, 142 gr Nosler ABLR, and some 143 gr ELD-X Hornady Precision Hunter ammo to test with later. I can tell that the scope isn't going to go out to 1000 yds, but will be probably be ok to 600 with an 8" plate painted a bright color. Once I get the right load recipe, this will be a very accurate setup.

Attachments

• Tikka_MDT.jpg
    Tikka_MDT.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
How much does the setup weigh? Do you think the scope won't reach due to turret limitations? Can always go with a 20 or 30 moa rail too get some more travel on the top end.

How much does the setup weigh? Do you think the scope won't reach due to turret limitations? Can always go with a 20 or 30 moa rail too get some more travel on the top end.
With a harris bipod it was dead on 12 lbs. A bit heavy for spot & stock hunting but I'll put it back in the original stock for that. The scope & the turret could reach 1000 yds w/ a 0 moa rail with the right load for this caliber. I think you'd just have trouble seeing to small of a target at that range with this scope. I have the same scope on 2 other hunting rifles that are very accurate out to just over 500 yds. Excellent hunting and target scope out to midrange. I just don't think the 15 power will be super clear at 1000 yds. Certainly going to give it a try this spring.