• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Tikka LA magnum

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25294

Looking for a tikka 300, 7RM or 338 win mag to use for a build.
looking for a good deal so I could care less if the barrel is shot out.
Send me a pm if you have something.
Thanks

Blackaj have you looked at arms trader? There are a lot of Tikkas on there. Several in the 400-500$ range.

Blackaj have you looked at arms trader? There are a lot of Tikkas on there. Several in the 400-500$ range.
Thanks
I'll have a look today, I missed a bunch of blowout deals with T3's $400 or less. Looks like just about everyone has sold them out

Those IIRC...were the T3 actioned rifles. The "new and improved" T3X has a larger ejection port...which for long, mag calibers is helpful. I have both in .300 WM. Love 'em both...but enjoy a few other features on the T3X a little better.But...if you are going to put the action into a custom stock - those will not matter, and you can get a competent gunsmith to open/elongate the ejection port a little if you see the need. This may be more of an issue if you plan on seating your bullets out longer. Also - the few issues I have had has been related to the maximum cartridge length that the factory mag will run reliably. Best solution is new bottom metal, and after market mags....

Those IIRC...were the T3 actioned rifles. The "new and improved" T3X has a larger ejection port...which for long, mag calibers is helpful. I have both in .300 WM. Love 'em both...but enjoy a few other features on the T3X a little better.But...if you are going to put the action into a custom stock - those will not matter, and you can get a competent gunsmith to open/elongate the ejection port a little if you see the need. This may be more of an issue if you plan on seating your bullets out longer. Also - the few issues I have had has been related to the maximum cartridge length that the factory mag will run reliably. Best solution is new bottom metal, and after market mags....
I completely agree about mag length with LA cartridges, however running a WSM case in the LA mag is awesome, just have to sand the sides of the mag a little for flawless feeding.

Nice choice....been thinking 7-300....educate me about the 7wsm advantage please

I think the 7-300 has a slightly longer neck and a shorter burn column , making it a little easier on barrel life as well as slightly less barrel heat up when shooting several shots.

Biggest advantage of the 7-300wsm is better and more available brass. ADG & peterson are to be bringing wsm cases to market this year, but no 7wsm. Lot of guys simply run a bushing FL sizer with 7mm expander, and FL size 270 wsm prior to loading wala you're done.

Recent Posts