Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor

Waynzee

Hi fellas, anybody shoot one of the new Tikka's T3x Lite in the 6.5 Creedmoor, if so what kind of accuracy and ballistics are you getting and is the 24 inch barrel on the Tikka better than the 22 inch barrel on other rifles??

I got one of the Whittakers specials. Haven't shot it yet though.
Guys over on 24hourcampfire are reporting about 2700 fps with factory Hornady 143 eldx precision hunter ammo. That's on new barrels, don't know if Tikka barrels speed up after a couple hundred rounds.

It's about time tikka chambered a 6.5 with a 24" barrel, this would be a great rifle if a guy reamed it out to a real chambering like the 6.5-06 or 6.5x284.
Seriously this opens up all kinds of light weight long range options..

This with the 22.5" barrel? I'm. Kinda wondering what I'll push em to out of my Christensen MPR with a 26" tube with RL26 & lapua brass. Was hoping for 2900.
My 26" 6.5 Creed with HBN coated 147 ELD-M, Nosler Brass and RL26 average speed 2930 fps, it will do faster but the upper end accuracy node is at 2930 fps.

Don't the t3x lite in 6.5 creedmoor come with a 24 inch barrel instead of the 22? I'm considering buying this rifle. I'm torn between this and the tikka ctr. Anybody else purchase one and shoot it yet?

Don't the t3x lite in 6.5 creedmoor come with a 24 inch barrel instead of the 22? I'm considering buying this rifle. I'm torn between this and the tikka ctr. Anybody else purchase one and shoot it yet?

Yep, it is a 24 inch barrel and I'm looking at one from my local gun shop for $589.00. Just have to wait until I get back to work in March.

I got one of the Whittakers specials. Haven't shot it yet though.
Guys over on 24hourcampfire are reporting about 2700 fps with factory Hornady 143 eldx precision hunter ammo. That's on new barrels, don't know if Tikka barrels speed up after a couple hundred rounds.
What is a Whitaker special?

Last edited:
I picked one of these up from buds gun shop. I believe I was 612.00 all said and done. Trigger was 3.6 pounds out of the box. I adjusted and now it's around 2.5. Very happy with the overall weight. Still waiting for funds for a scope to get out and test it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.