tight chamber ? 7wsm

den

anybody have this before? it is my first custom barrel and chamber. first firing on brass I can get to a max charge 160 acubondb 3000 fps great group ejects fine next firing on brass can only get just a grain or so above a start load 2850 ish before brass sticks in chamber but no other signs of pressure wih max load on first firing or lower loads second firing other than sticking in chamber a couple grains over start have tried two different dies with same results kind of a bummer cause the 3000 fps load shoots almost one hole thanks for any help

I think you start load is too high at 3000 fps with 160 grain bullet The only reason is is ejecting is the larger expansion of the case from new to chamber size so you get some spring back. When you then reload the case there is no spring back as the movement is slight. Max velocity for a 160 grain should be about 2800 to 2900 fps tops at 62200 psi .
Try slower powder or backing off the load a bit .

Tight as in you can feel new cases tight?

I have 2 with very tight chambers, I have to use a Redding body die every time, or they chamber tight and eject with resistance. Both of those rifles have chambers that you can feel new brass resist closing the bolt. After their fire formed to the chamber and ran through the Redding body die it's all good.:)

thanks guys no resistence on loading in chamber whatsoever I quit using the redding body die because at first I thought It was the problem somehow user error so I went back to rcbs full length but same results this is the first i gun have reloaded for that can only get a grain or two over start I think 63 of rl 25 and 160 ab at 2.850 oal was tops on secnd firring I tried rl17 retumbo h1000 4831 4350 all just over start load data same results just over start second firing and sticky I think gun shoot s all loads good just never seen this in factory guns previously loading for I think what bullet bumper says Is what is happening don't need to push that hard but sure shoots good on that first firring under book max thanks..

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.