Tight chamber: resizing loading ammo

One thing I can tell the op is Dogtown ammo is cheap junk ammo! Probably not what you want to use in a custom gun. I'd love to measure a sample and see how much it varies

This is the rifle I'm having the issues with surgeon 591 with proof research carbon barrel. It was apparently built by Valhalla rifkeworks. I measured lapua brass that fits it in and my other brass the only thing I can think of is the neck size. I've gotten my old brass to chamber at this point I just have to crank my body die full length sized down 1/2 a turn. I also ran them all through a type a bushing Some are still a little tight but they actually chamber now.

Attachments

• 5B48794E-AEA6-45F1-BCCF-A9892C24CAFF.jpeg
    5B48794E-AEA6-45F1-BCCF-A9892C24CAFF.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
One thing I can tell the op is Dogtown ammo is cheap junk ammo! Probably not what you want to use in a custom gun. I'd love to measure a sample and see how much it varies
I ordered 400 rounds of the dogtown for my 22 nosler to try everyone seems to like it. I read good things about the 243 dogtown so figured i would try also

This is the rifle I'm having the issues with surgeon 591 with proof research carbon barrel. It was apparently built by Valhalla rifkeworks. I measured lapua brass that fits it in and my other brass the only thing I can think of is the neck size. I've gotten my old brass to chamber at this point I just have to crank my body die full length sized down 1/2 a turn. I also ran them all through a type a bushing Some are still a little tight but they actually chamber now.
It's the cheap rifle. Luckily, I will buy it for $500.
Seriously, you HAVE to verify headspace before wasting your time with anything else. Go gauge is all you need and everyone and their mother has a 308 go gauge.

Now the ammo chambers but the bullets are loose? Try crimping, then go see if it will shoot and group well. If so, crisis averted and trip is still on.
Crimp? I must have missed him saying the ammo chambers now but the bullets are loose?
OP, what is your next course of action?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.