• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ThunderBeast silencer/Area 419 kit

If it leaves your state it'll be two form 4's, and two full wait times. That means $400 in tax stamps and probably two years wait for a potential out of state buyer.

If it leaves your state it'll be two form 4's, and two full wait times. That means $400 in tax stamps and probably two years wait for a potential out of state buyer.

That doesn't even make sense... If I transfer it to my FFL which doesn't need a form 4 to obtain a silencer and they form 3 transfer it to an out of state FFL that's a matter of three to four weeks all while the buyer fills out his form 4 in his/her state. I bought this particular silencer from Texas and it was in Virginia within a month just waiting for my form 4. Are you speaking from experience or something you saw on YouTube? I'm not saying you are wrong, but it seems ridiculous. I'm going to call my FFL today and see what the process is.

It seems ridiculous because it is ridiculous. You'll have to form 4 it to your dealer because you aren't a licensed manufacturer/dealer, then the dealer will form 4 it to the buyer.

Welcome to dealing with the federal government.

It seems ridiculous because it is ridiculous. You'll have to form 4 it to your dealer because you aren't a licensed manufacturer/dealer, then the dealer will form 4 it to the buyer.

Welcome to dealing with the federal government.
Wow... maybe this isn't a good way to sell an NFA item. I'll call to verify today and may just take it down. Thanks for the info.

Wow... maybe this isn't a good way to sell an NFA item. I'll call to verify today and may just take it down. Thanks for the info.
One of the things to think about is in state vs out of state transfers with NFA items.

As an Oregon resident if you were to transfer this to me, I would have to pay 2 tax transfer fees. As mention above that would be $200 each way unless you pay the one for transfer from you to the FFL. Then it would be a normal purchase and transfer from that FFL just as if it was new.

I have "heard" that some sellers hold the suppressor till the buyer is approved and then transfer it to there FFL but I am unaware if that is really a thing. The ATF websites can be difficult to understand.

I would personally either get with the FFL or call your local ATF office.

Just my two cents...

One of the things to think about is in state vs out of state transfers with NFA items.

As an Oregon resident if you were to transfer this to me, I would have to pay 2 tax transfer fees. As mention above that would be $200 each way unless you pay the one for transfer from you to the FFL. Then it would be a normal purchase and transfer from that FFL just as if it was new.

I have "heard" that some sellers hold the suppressor till the buyer is approved and then transfer it to there FFL but I am unaware if that is really a thing. The ATF websites can be difficult to understand.

I would personally either get with the FFL or call your local ATF office.

Just my two cents...
I appreciate the input

An an 03 license holder I've done this type of transfer. Even though I'm a dealer it stays on a Form 4. Form 4 to me and then a Form 4 to my customer. Crazy as it sounds the NFA has this part of it covered to get all the money they can.

It really sounds like the goal is to make it really unappealing to legally sell the things.