Thread loctite test

Based on these results I am going to give the test winner Vibra-Tite a try for my scope rings.
I have been using it for quite awhile and have been happy with it. Especially on things like muzzle brakes that get removed and replaced occasionally.

I like Vibra Tite VC3 which was not tested. It is applied to thread and allowed to dry 10-30 minutes then assembled. It stays flexible and it can be disassembled and reassembled without need to reapply depending on use. Both types are for sale on Amazon in small tubes so you can try them yourself at less than $6 each. Some slow minded folks complain the bottles of Vibra Tite are only half full. But there is a reason for that. The anaerobic formula needs air space in bottle so it will not harden.

I like Vibra Tite VC3 which was not tested. It is applied to thread and allowed to dry 10-30 minutes then assembled. It stays flexible and it can be disassembled and reassembled without need to reapply depending on use. Both types are for sale on Amazon in small tubes so you can try them yourself at less than $6 each. Some slow minded folks complain the bottles of Vibra Tite are only half full. But there is a reason for that. The anaerobic formula needs air space in bottle so it will not harden.
The VC3 is what I have been using as well.

Based on these results I am going to give the test winner Vibra-Tite a try for my scope rings.

Here is an Idea. I have been using High Temp RVT silicone gasket sealer. Red or the Black. I use it in hot rod eng's and scope screws they will not back out. And they will come out any time you want. No messed up screw heads.
And Cheep.!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.