thompson encore in 22-250

stephen

I am looking a Thompson Encore that an individual has that is asking a very low price. I am going to purchase it, but would like to have some input as to accuracy that I can expect. It has a 15 in. barrell and is all factory. It hasn't been shot more than 50 times. What type of accuracy am I to expect. The poor guy is going thru a divorce and is dumping all his firearm. I want to use if for fox squirrel hunting. Please help if you can.

TC's are extremely accurate for their cost...out shoot most rifles. IMHO, 22-250 is too much velocity for squirrels..including fox. .22Mag or at most .223 with FMJ (head shots only) are what you want. The Encore with a decent scope...the TC 2 to 7X is a good one...will give the practiced hunter head shots as far as you can see in the woods. My 2cts worth. Paul

I have had 2 contenders and an encore. They all shot superbly. One was a .222 with a 10" barrel. Anything inside 200yds was toast. Crows, groundhogs, cats, and one 4 point heart all bit the dust between 150-225yds to that little thing. You'll love it. You can't beat a 22mag or 17HMR for squirrels but I would not shoot a 22-250 up in the trees without worrying about who I killed four miles away.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.