Thompson /center pro hunter problems

Block City

has anyone had any trouble with there t/c shooting good groups or shooting high, not staying sighted in ? I have two caliber barrels 7mm-08 and .243 and they both do same thing . Need some advice what to do to help , i like the gun but not satisfied with it doing this .....

shooting high and not staying sighted in , sounds like mounts/scope issue not the gun.

Are the bases tight?

Change scopes and see if still does it.

Google MikeBellm and look at his website. The TC authority!!!!

TC's have issues with loose hinge pins, read on Mike's site.

Still sounds like base/scope though.

BH

I gad the same issue with my varmint model in 223 turns out I had loose bases so I pulled it all back down and redone everything with locktight of coarse.No more issues

I done the same thing , i tok the scope off and bases and used loctite on everything , My son put it in gunrack on 4 wheeler deer hunting season and he killed a deer with it . I shot it on paper and it was about 3inches high , i dont know if that was from riding in the gun rack or what , It has Nikon 3x9 scope on it . I called Mike Bellm and he told me i probably need his kit the pin sounds like is to small and its leeting the barrel move . I have to drive the pin in with ruber mallet but he said it doesnt matter .

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.