This is my new small game handgun set up!

engineer40

I wasn't going to post any pictures or details about my new small game hunting pistol until I got a suppressor for it. But I took it out yesterday and shot it with my son, and I just enjoy this thing so much I decided to start a thread about it right now.

Like I mentioned, my plan is to get a rimfire suppressor for it, which I think will make this just the absolute sweetest small game pistol ever.

It has the Tandemkross Performance Kit which includes; Hammer bushing, Slingshot upgrade, LCI replacement, Titanium firing pin, Extractor, and Extended Mag release.

I also installed a Tandemkross adjustable flat trigger. It's sweet!

Also installed a Volquartsen Sear.

Trigger breaks consistently at 2.75lbs. Maybe a little lite for a hunting pistol, but dang, it's so nice. The travel, the reset, just everything about the trigger feels perfect.

Aluminum grips.

Topped with a Burris FF3 to get those little critters.

This pistol seriously makes me feel like Jerry Miculek. The 2nd time I shot it, I was shooting some steel at the range. Just as fast as I could pull the trigger and connecting every time. Someone came over asked if I was a professional shooter or competed with pistols. Heck no, it's the gun, not me. I'm not that good! :)

I don't really care for the bottom rail that Ruger puts on these. Thinking that I will remove it and try to get the compensator machined to match the barrel outside diameter.

Any of you guys out there rockin the Ruger Mark series or 22/45's for small game hunting?
z6iak8jlt

Very cool!

Thanks HARPERC!

I haven't done much (actually any now that I think about it) handgun hunting yet. This is the first time in a long time I'm really looking forward to small game season coming!

I haven't shot it further than 30 yards yet. But off hand at 30 yards most times I can go 5 for 5 on clay pigeons lined up. The first time I did that I remember thinking, "This almost feels like cheating". I think it's just the combination of using a red dot and having such a light & short pull trigger.

My Dad has a couple revolvers set up for hunting. 1 is a 44 Mag with a red dot. I never understood the appeal of handgun hunting until recently. It opens up whole new discipline to learn and train for.

I shot a friends 22/45 a while back and was nailing various pieces of garbage ( littered beer cans etc....) out to 40-50 yards with regularity as well as a small ground squirrel ( whistle pig) at 30 yards. This one was just a stock model with iron sights. My mk2 with the long target barrel and open sights has littered the little varmints all over the desert of southern Idaho at distances I won't disclose for purposes of not wanting to be called a liar(missed a lot too, but those don't count) .22 pistols are are a blast to shoot and hunt with. Yours looks awesome!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.