Thinking about a PRS "stock" class rifle

Buzzsaw

Seekins HIT
Daniel Defence Pro 5

Sticking with the 6.5 Creedmoor because I already load for it.

MOST shooting will be at 500 yards

24" or 26" barrel or does it really matter?

complete Rifle. Others I'm looking at are the Masterpiece Arms Pro, Bergara chassis rifle and the Black Dog rifle. Not a fan of the Savage, Ruger.

Cost needs to be $2500 to shoot "Stock" rifle class. I don't want to build another custom when the Daniel Def and Seekins are pretty much a .5 MOA guns if you believe YouTube reviews.

24 vs 26 won't make a noticable difference outside of balance. If you have a butt heavy chassis you might want that extra weight up front. Depending on your load 24" might he a hair faster than 26", but not enough to matter one way or the other.

My 6.5 Creedmoor PRS rifle is 24" because that's the longest I can get in my safe without a folding stock. With an Area 419 Maverick it balances well and is easy to move around barricades. Using Staball 6.5 and 140 grain bullets my velocity is in the mid-upper 2800s.

complete Rifle. Others I'm looking at are the Masterpiece Arms Pro, Bergara chassis rifle and the Black Dog rifle. Not a fan of the Savage, Ruger.

Cost needs to be $2500 to shoot "Stock" rifle class. I don't want to build another custom when the Daniel Def and Seekins are pretty much a .5 MOA guns if you believe YouTube reviews.
Check out MPA. They have complete rifle ready to go for PRS. MPA is and has been the #1 Chassis in PRS for many years. The Manufacture almost everything inhouse. I have been to the MPA Facility many times and saw their manufacturing process and QC/Customer Service is Second to None. MAP drills and rifles their barrels MPA/Spencer. All the MPA rifles shoot bug holes. Take a look at the website and manufacturing process.
If you want something out of the box and then take to a PRS Match - Go with MPA.

Check 2023 PRS rules - pretty sure "Production" is now $3000. Consequently, MPA now has a "Production" rifle built on their best Matrix Pro chassis and available in most PRS favorite calibers including 65CM. MPA still offers the $2500 rifle too.

GA Precision offers "Production" rifles too but they are limited production and sell out fast.

In Georgia I obviously see a LOT of MPA rifles. Only DD rifles I see are DD factory shooters and one of their employees (seem fine). Do not think I have ever seen a Seekins at a match.

My original PRS rifle was a 65CM with a 25 inch barrel - 24 to 26 inches no big deal in 65CM. Issue for barrels now is "weight" as you want rifle to balance in front of mag well. For some calibers longer barrels = "free" velocity. Barrel choices now tend to be "heavy" for "free" weight. So you may want 26 inch for weight not velocity in 65CM.

There is a world of used "Open" rifles in 65CM that may actually be dramatically cheaper than a new "Production" rifle. If you know any PRS competitors not uncommon they have "extra" barreled actions or complete rifles in the safe as they chase the latest shiny object (I am guilty).

I'm not a PRS shooter but I just got a HIT (not the pro) for my recreational and short carry hunt uses. I can say they live up to the hype. Only have 50 rounds through mine in 6.5 PRC but it shoots factory 143 BTHP around .5 with ease. They seem to have really good barrels and really the whole package is outstanding. I found mine for about $1800 to my door. I need the folder to get in my safe even with a 24" after I put a brake on it. 15lbs with scope and mount. Worth a look to see how it stacks up to the MPA.

I'm not a PRS shooter but I just got a HIT (not the pro) for my recreational and short carry hunt uses. I can say they live up to the hype. Only have 50 rounds through mine in 6.5 PRC but it shoots factory 143 BTHP around .5 with ease. They seem to have really good barrels and really the whole package is outstanding. I found mine for about $1800 to my door. I need the folder to get in my safe even with a 24" after I put a brake on it. 15lbs with scope and mount. Worth a look to see how it stacks up to the MPA.
i like these. thanks for the report. they are easy to find too.