The 6.5 PRC, "The one that got away"

jd, I'll have to look up the COAL of the 300 PRC, as well as the cartridge base size.
If all is OK I will bet you there will be more than a few guys re-chambering their .300 Win Mag barrels. to 300 PRC.

Eric B.

jd, I'll have to look up the COAL of the 300 PRC, as well as the cartridge base size.
If all is OK I will bet you there will be more than a few guys re-chambering their .300 Win Mag barrels. to 300 PRC.

Eric B.
You will have to have bottom metal at 3.7-3.715. I know.. I have one.

OK, I bought the 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro. Same exact action as the 6.5 CM but larger bolt face, natch. Magazine barely accomodates the 6.5 PRC cartridge. No room for a longer than SAAMI COAL. :eek:(

Now I'll sell my 6.5 CM X-Bolt Pro W/ a spare magazine. Only 60 rounds through it. Barely broken in. And I'll likely sell the .300 Win mag Browning A-bolt. It's the Stainless Stalker W/ black Teflon coating (military grade, from vendor who does Navy SEAL weapons with Teflon). Lapped barrel.

New scope too, Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 W/lluminated G3 reticle. Very nice.
Same Talley 30 mm rings W/ matching burnt bronze Cerakote. Very custom looking!

Eric B.

This is why I'm running with a long case 65 this year,,, if it pans out the rest of the irons will stay shelved...

Elk is my bread and butter,,, so long as I close the gap they will tumble... I could of done a Creed for my hunting needs as well...

Get those 140's clipping along and send an extra to target to make sure it's down,,, it might not hold water like my 30/06,,, but it will be pretty close

I'll be off to the range this weekend after I do some handloads. New 300PRC build
I just finished last night. We were somewhat disappointed with the nightforce rail, the rail fit was a little sloppy and we ended up bedding it. Anyways.... I'll report back after range day. Thanks to Tyson Crabbe at CPrecision in Dallas, GA for the Smith work and consulting. Thanks to Redhawk Rifles for helping with items needed. 8.3 lbs with optic and bipod, 26" Proof Carbon barrel, Trigger Tech trigger, Hawkins CIP length bottom metal, Accurate CIP mags, Graybow stock, Surefire Brake, Seekins Precision rings, nightforce rail, Vortex PST gen 2 FFP, Blueprinted Rem 700 action, KRG Bolt knob.

6E19A6D3-79D5-48E2-9684-C5688A8650BF.jpeg

5E25C101-F164-4DF0-8E2C-90A2AE554895.jpeg

New 300PRC build
I just finished last night.
8.3 lbs with optic and bipod, 26" Proof Carbon barrel, Trigger Tech trigger, Hawkins CIP length bottom metal, Accurate CIP mags, Graybow stock, Surefire Brake, Seekins Precision rings, nightforce rail, Vortex PST gen 2 FFP, Blueprinted Rem 700 action, KRG Bolt knob.
View attachment 143505

View attachment 143506
I think your scale is off by a couple pounds.

FOR NOW:
Sell the 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro
Sell the .300 Win mag HS Precision Rem.-actioned target rifle
KEEP the .300 Win mag Browning A-Bolt "just in case" but sell the old MOA/mildot Burris Black Diamond scope and put my SWFA SS 3 - 15 x 42 mil/mil scope on it.

Also likely Sell my 5.56 NATO Slyer AUG & ten 30 round mags. A really great bull pup