6.5 PRC, N565 OR H1000 that is the question

156s @ 3120-3140 in a 24" prc. I can barely even run those speeds in a 6.5 max case with 10gr more capacity from a 26" bartlein
156s @ 3120-3140 in a 24" prc. I can barely even run those speeds in a 6.5 max case with 10gr more capacity from a 26" bartlein and N570.
Got to hold your tongue out when loading lol.

Yes my other two are plus p barrels (Should have stated that sorry). Their not as accurate but faster. Brass only last about 3 loadings and it's toast. If I had to do it over again I'd just stay around the 3,000 fps mark with that bullet. I don't think a mule deer is going to notice the difference lol. I have a barrel spun for 6.5 max and I am going to play with it this fall. See if the brass holds up better.

I don't use Lapua bullets but OAL of bullet makes a difference. What are you planning on using? And what;s your COAL? This might help.

Attachments

• 6.5PRC-Berger Load Data-Primal Rights.JPG
    6.5PRC-Berger Load Data-Primal Rights.JPG
    212.5 KB · Views: 72
Why does the VihtaVuori website have load data for 6.5 PRC that shows:
140gr bullet - N565 starting load 44.8 gr and max load 50.0 gr
153gr bullet - N565 starting load 46.0 gr and max of 52.2 gr

it doesn't make sense.

The 140 Hornady GMX is a monolithic, solid copper, the 153 Atip is a very long bullet

I don't use Lapua bullets but OAL of bullet makes a difference. What are you planning on using? And what;s your COAL? This might help.
That makes sense. I'm not sure yet, waiting on the barreled action but most likely a 130 or 140 accubond type hunting bullet, possibly 127 LRX, and at least 2.95 COAL. Thanks for the info.

Those vv numbers are for typical European bullets and solids. Long bearing surfaces and ultra safe loads create a low charge and velocity range. I can't even look at their data any more it is so whacky.

Why does the VihtaVuori website have load data for 6.5 PRC that shows:
140gr bullet - N565 starting load 44.8 gr and max load 50.0 gr
153gr bullet - N565 starting load 46.0 gr and max of 52.2 gr

it doesn't make sense.

Likely because of hardness differences in the two. Mono bullets can raise pressure more than lead core bullets. I have found the VihtaVuori numbers to tend to be very conservative.