Test your Knowledge....

The Surgeon

1) How many minutes are there in 3.4 mils at 236 yards?

A. 3.4
B. 12.24
C. 3.5598
D. 11.69

2) How many 1/4 MOA clicks will it take to move the bullet's point of impact 3.141" at 100 yards?

A. 10
B. 14
C. 12
D. 13

3) If it takes 8.75 minutes from a 100 yard zero to hit a target at 420 yards, then what would the mil hold-off be?

A. 2.5
B. 1.7
C. 2.3
D. 1.9

4) What is the formula that will tell you how much MOA adjustment is needed to hit the center of the target if the bullet impacted 6" low and 8" left?

A. inches X feet
B. yards / inches
C. inches / yards
D. inches X yards

5) A target has been ranged at 485 yards. You determine that your elevation dope is 11.25 MOA. How many inches did the bullet travel above your line-of-sight?

A. 55.9"
B. 57.1"
C. 52.1"
D. 50.96"

6) If the wind is shifting directions, then what wind direction(s) are the most difficult to shoot accurately?

A. Between 2, 4, 8, 10 and Full Value
B. Between Zero Value and 1, 5, 7, 11
C. Between Half Value and 2, 4, 8, 10
D. There is not enough information provided, therefore, none of the above

7) You adjusted the scope 13 quarter MOA clicks. How many inches will this change the bullet's point of impact at 650 yards?

A. 22"
B. 19"
C. 29"
D. 17"

Found this on another site. Thought it may be fun for everyone here. I will post the answers in another post.

I believe the answer to #4 is none of those provided and #5 is dependant on sight height.

I got 6 out of 7 right, but I've got a calculator right here in front of me:D

If I had to do most of the math in my head, I'd of flunked this test.

I was also thinking that #5 required a sight height, but to be honest I wouldn't have known that calculation anyway. My answer would've been a guess even if I knew the SH.

Fun stuff, it's good to keep our minds sharp on these things.

Last edited:
#4 seemed right? mentioned moa, which is inch/yard. Common adjustment but reachable by moa or mil. I thought wind @ zero value was off? How can zero value be hardest

#4 seemed right? mentioned moa, which is inch/yard. Common adjustment but reachable by moa or mil. I thought wind @ zero value was off? How can zero value be hardest

Because it may appear to be zero value, but if it's off by one side or the other just a smidge then it's no longer zero value.......Instead it's nearly 1/4 value. So, one shot flies at 1/4 value left, the next may be 1/4 value right, and the next may be no correction..........all this and what we're seeing or feeling is a zero wind correction. Really tough to guage without wind flags.

+1 on #4, they just left out part of the equation, Inches divided by (Yards/100) then we minus 5% to convert IPHY to MOA. They must've been thinking size / distance = moa

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.