Terrapin x vs sig 2400ab??

PA Jeep

I'm back in the market for a new LRF. Previously used a Swarovski LRF and liked it. A lot has improved in the LRF world since I bought the Swaro.

Been searching for real world reports on the Terrapin X and not finding too much. Lots of marketing / industry insider reviews) I hate this vs that questions however I'm ready to buy something that offers AB solver and LRF as an integrated package and by my searching it comes down to the Terrapin X or the Sig 2400. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I have a terrapin x and couldn't be happier. I get consistent hits out past 2000-2500 yards on sunny days, and 3000+ at dawn/dusk. And I mean trees, rocks and animals. Not reflective highway signs. The blue tooth connects perfectly every time.

Thanks for responses. Anyone wanting more info on Terrapin should read the recommended sniper hide stuff. Good read.

I use an older terrapin, had a swaro, and have used the sig 2400 w/ab solver it has a lot of features and ranges farther than most ppl hunt or shoot. The sig is nice but for true ELR ranging it doesn't compare to the terrapin and the sig has a larger beam divergence. I have not used the new terrapin x. I really like the Sig 2400 though, also it's very compact compared to the terrapin.

I also have an older Terrapin that has performed flawlessly for several years and delivered accurate ranges to 2000+ yards. For practical LR hunting to 1200 yards, both my Sig 2400 or G7 are preferred, providing accurate ranges with the simplicty and speed of a single unit.

I went with a Terrapin. Likely should have waited on reports on Sig Kilo 3000. If I didn't have Swaro binos I likely would have given the Sig a look. (sounds like a great unit) Once again thanks to all for the advice. Good Shooting!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.