Terminus Zeus: Cone Breech?

bill123

I just received my Zeus action and have a question about the tenon print. The print shows a flat breech even though the bolt face is cone shaped. In contrast, the tenon print for a Bat B shows a cone breech for similarly shaped bolt face. Any reason no to cut a cone breech to match the cone shaped bolt face? Seems to me it would give you a few more threads and a closer space between the bolt nose and the breech.

Both tenon prints are attached.

Attachments

• Zeus-QC Tenon Print.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • Bat B Tenon Print.pdf
    103.1 KB · Views: 75
If memory serves, the bolt face on a Zeus has a flat portion and then the lugs are tapered back? So technically a flat breech is correct and the case will be fully supported. You wouldn't want to have a full cone breech like a BAT or you would end up with unsupported case.

However I suppose you can add to the tennon length and cone the first portion and then go into a flat. It would be very similar to the Barnard action tennon then.

Thanks for the reply. After I posted, I noticed the flat section on the Zeus vs the complete cone on the B. I was thinking the same about doing a modified cone. Not sure if it's worth it extra step though.