• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED TC Encore 45 Smokeless ML

Ross1147

Passing along my Encore 45cal SP ML 26" preferred barrel. Tags are starting to drop for ML in western states, get your smokeless adventure started without the wait!

Up for sale:
MGM Arrowhead 26" preferred 45cal SP ML dovetail cut front sight mount
Carbon fiber Rod
Brass Jag
20 primer modules
20 powder vials
45 cal swing lock sizing die
Lee Shaver 17A front sight (dovetail cut)
Williams Rear peep sight
Number of veggie wads
Random nut drive I use to field disassemble

Everything listed ran me $1400 3 years ago. (So with bidenomics I figure today it's worth 13-14K give or take a few cents!?😂😂.)
But, I'd be willing to let it all go for $1,000 shipped.

Shot roughly 25 times, only 2 using smokeless powder. All other shots were using BH209. Did hunt with it one season so it does have some wear on the barrel from forearm and hunting. Couldn't tell you how it grouped really. Never shot it with a scope, so groups were easily minute of deer out to 150 yds, which is all I trusted myself to do open sights.

Also, have roughly 3.5 bottles of BH209 buyer can buy for what I paid for it ($40 for 10oz bottle, which I think is a steal now looking at the prices of a 8oz bottle). Not looking to sell otherwise.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_4544.jpeg
    IMG_4544.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4545.jpeg
    IMG_4545.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4546.jpeg
    IMG_4546.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4548.jpeg
    IMG_4548.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4549.jpeg
    IMG_4549.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 122
Currently looking to start again with encore pistol barrels in the 10" range. Picked it up at a pawnshop years ago as a pistol and it never intrigued me so I converted it to a rifle. Didn't like it so converted it to ML. Still never shoot it (mainly because it's not legal in state I live in) so I Figured I'd toy a little with it as a pistol. If I don't like it still I'll just move it on down the road.

Somewhat intrigued... I have a 7mm-08 Encore Pro Fluted 15" barrel with Camo Laminate Pistol grip and forend for sale on another site for partial trade. Shot the bear in my avitar with it... Can PM like to you if interested.

Would be interested in the smokeless side of it. What is recoil like with smokeless and which bullet did you shoot? Looks like it comes with Arrowhead 45cal NSR Muzzleloader Bullets but the come in small or large diameter. Just wondering which it came with. Do you have forend for it?

Thanks!

Buckskinner, thanks for the interest. 15" is a little long for what I'm looking for though. Trying to find a loophole in a recent update at work where I am allowed to carry a pistol in my vehicle while in the office. I think I'll be able to swing a 10" as a pistol, but 15" may be a little long.
As for your questions, I never got bullets from Arrowhead. I bought the standard .452" bullets and swaged them down using the press I got from Luke. You just tighten the press little by little until you can fit the bullets down the barrel with resistance.
Recoil…haha…I'm not the best to ask about this.lol. I found my limit with this, which is exactly the same as my 35 Whelen. A 250grn bullet going 2600 fps with no brake. It's capable of doing more, but I didn't feel like doing it.
Yes I do have the forearm. This barrel is a little thicker than your standard encore 209 barrel so it needs a little more fitting but it fits fine. Had to cut the screws down a little to get it them to fit.