Tangent Theta TT525 with Gen2XR - LNIB

jonthomps

**SPF**

TT525 with Gen2XR reticle. Amazing glass and turrets - best available IMHO. Mounted but only shot a couple of times. Just a couple of months old. No dings, no scratches. Selling to fund a Gen3XR. Comes with MK Machining throw lever, box, scope caps, ARD, and paperwork. Not looking for trades. $3500 shipped.

Attachments

Last edited:

ifgator

Jon, I have some questions that may sell your scope. To me.
Let's say objectively TT is worth every penny if not more. I'm looking at ZC and NF 7-35. Objectively what is it about this scope that sets it apart? I'm ignorant to the ways of TT.

lancetkenyon

TT is the top of the heap for glass, turrets, tracking. $3500 is a great price. Wish I needed another TT right now. I love the Gen 2XR reticle. I have 4 at the moment. Two TTs and two Premiers.
While I do not own a ZCO, or have ever had the pleasure to shoot behind one yet, I can 100% verify TT blows NF away. I have shot behind no less than 30 NF F1 scopes for comparison. 4-16×42, 5-25×56, and 7-35×56. The only thing NF has going for it is the 35x top end if you truly need the extra 10x. But I have never seen a need for it myself. Then again, I have shot over 1770 with 15x too.

jonthomps

Jon, I have some questions that may sell your scope. To me.
Let's say objectively TT is worth every penny if not more. I'm looking at ZC and NF 7-35. Objectively what is it about this scope that sets it apart? I'm ignorant to the ways of TT.
The glass TT uses is currently the best in the business. Example: I shot a match last spring with K525i - which is a great scope in it's own right. I sold that scope (because that what I do!) and bought this one. Then I shot a match with it... The resolution, clarity and depth of field at 1k beat the Kahles by a noticeable margin. Like, timed stages, I'm thinking about getting shots on target, not glass quality and all the sudden I get this thought, "Whoa. this scope is REALLY clear."

About the scopes:

I've had a ZCO 5-27 too. Great scope. Great reticle. Great glass. Can't go wrong there. But a TT is going to give you that extra 10%. But Jon, how do the turrets compare? TT blows everyone away. Everyone. But... if I could pick up an as-new TT for the same price as a ZCO there's no choice to be made.

As Lance said, NF and TT simply aren't in the same league. No need to compare the two.

Lastly, I get that giving $3500 to a total stranger is, well, stressful. I've sold high dollar stuff here and on the Hide for many years. Literally dozens of custom rifles, scopes, reloading equipment, etc. I pride myself on being a stand-up guy and advertising EXACTLY what you're buying so please feel free to ask around about me.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce