Taking on the next logical step

Bucks n Ducks

Greetings from out West. I'm a life long hunter who has gotten by on a shots under 400 yards with a 45 year old 30-06, old .243 and modern compound bow.

In the last couple years I've been hitting the range with my two boys (15&11) and buying THEM the fun stuff....17 HMR, 1911 and AR in .22lr, and my 15 year old a rem 700 in 7mm-08 ...as well as numerous shotguns (different forum).

I've been shooting my old guns and an AR-10 and M1a........I like it
Shooting the 7.62 has motivated me to begin reloading and start upgrading my hunting rifles to at least "extended" long range 5-700 yards.

I have some tactical training and would love to provide info if possible, but most likely I'll be the newbie with lots of questions.

Right now I'm looking to get into a 7mm mag for my primary hunting rig and a "tactical" (my word for heavy SOB) .308 win for range and some varmints.

I need to either sell the youth 7mm-08 with a 20 inch tube or drop into a new stock for a light mountain rifle.

Hi B & D and welcome to LRH.

It's great that your boys are interested in hunting and shooting. I will always cherish my memories of hunting with my dad as a youth.
We all have something to contribute and it sound like you know your way aroung the gun room, so dive in.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.