Taking on the next logical step

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bucks n Ducks, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Bucks n Ducks

Bucks n Ducks Member

Greetings from out West. I'm a life long hunter who has gotten by on a shots under 400 yards with a 45 year old 30-06, old .243 and modern compound bow.

In the last couple years I've been hitting the range with my two boys (15&11) and buying THEM the fun stuff....17 HMR, 1911 and AR in .22lr, and my 15 year old a rem 700 in 7mm-08 ...as well as numerous shotguns (different forum).

I've been shooting my old guns and an AR-10 and M1a........I like it
    Shooting the 7.62 has motivated me to begin reloading and start upgrading my hunting rifles to at least "extended" long range 5-700 yards.

I have some tactical training and would love to provide info if possible, but most likely I'll be the newbie with lots of questions.

Right now I'm looking to get into a 7mm mag for my primary hunting rig and a "tactical" (my word for heavy SOB) .308 win for range and some varmints.

I need to either sell the youth 7mm-08 with a 20 inch tube or drop into a new stock for a light mountain rifle.

2. 405win

405win Well-Known Member

Hi B & D and welcome to LRH.

It's great that your boys are interested in hunting and shooting. I will always cherish my memories of hunting with my dad as a youth.
    We all have something to contribute and it sound like you know your way aroung the gun room, so dive in.